Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MCGINN----Bennett and Kendricks Bring Toughness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

MCGINN----Bennett and Kendricks Bring Toughness

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinn
    Lang and Lacy were certifiable tough guys who played significant roles in the Packers’ important shift on offense from pure finesse to physical, or at least as physical as an offense can be with Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers at the reins.
    SOFT!
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    SOFT!
    SAWFT

Review of this kind of Bob McGinn breakdown:
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i heard that you can't believe a damn word that mcginn types

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i heard that you can't believe a damn word that mcginn types
    Clearly Bob McGinn is Satan
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I believe most of Bob's reported material.

I do not believe most of Bob's conclusions. Remember, this is a man who was taught the only way he knows to develop a winning football team by Ron Wolf and one of his main conclusions is that you need a big running back and good running game to win in December at Lambeau.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I believe most of Bob's reported material.

I do not believe most of Bob's conclusions. Remember, this is a man who was taught the only way he knows to develop a winning football team by Ron Wolf and one of his main conclusions is that you need a big running back and good running game to win in December at Lambeau.

Once upon a time I defended Brett Favre's overall character in his dealings with GB
    As more information came out I changed my mind about that and openly admit I was wrong

Often I think our judgment of McGinn does not give him that flexibility. Dude has won a ton of accolades as a sportswriter. Despite being hated by most in here he's good at what he does.

Blog Entries
    And back when Wolf was GM the game was different. The running game was valued much more than it is now. If you asked him if that was still the case in today's game I'd bet he'd note the game has changed and he no longer believes that to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    And back when Wolf was GM the game was different. The running game was valued much more than it is now. If you asked him if that was still the case in today's game I'd bet he'd note the game has changed and he no longer believes that to be the case.
    No he actually still trots out the adage that you need to be able to run specifically in December. He's not good at changing with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    No he actually still trots out the adage that you need to be able to run specifically in December. He's not good at changing with the times.
    You do need to be able to run. Once we were one dimensional, Atlanta pinned back the ears and had Rodgers scrambling for his life.

I think I've posted once or twice (or 100x) my preference for a TE who can actually..you know...block someone in the run game otherwise you have a glorified fat WR.

I know its just my pipe dream going on 5 years now, but I still am dreaming of taking advantage of the skill set we have on this team and going with no true RB, but having Monte or Cobb on the field with a Joe Mixon (yea, I went there, but he fits the role) mixed in. If the D doesn't honor the run, use those new TEs to crush it, wear them down and force them to honor it, then when they do, split the "RB" out wide with the TE inline, but upright and throw it.

Ellington would have fit that role, McCaffrey probably does, but Eddie certainly did not.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You do need to be able to run. Once we were one dimensional, Atlanta pinned back the ears and had Rodgers scrambling for his life.
    Bob isn't saying you need to run to balance out the threats to your passing attack. He wants a big back to succeed in the cold of Lambeau come December.

Bob isn't saying you need to run to balance out the threats to your passing attack. He wants a big back to succeed in the cold of Lambeau come December.
    I understand. What I disagree with is that it takes a big back. A good OL and a normal back will suffice. The problem with building a team around winning in Lambeau in December is that the superbowl is played in a warm area.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

I think I've posted once or twice (or 100x) my preference for a TE who can actually..you know...block someone in the run game otherwise you have a glorified fat WR.

I know its just my pipe dream going on 5 years now, but I still am dreaming of taking advantage of the skill set we have on this team and going with no true RB, but having Monte or Cobb on the field with a Joe Mixon (yea, I went there, but he fits the role) mixed in. If the D doesn't honor the run, use those new TEs to crush it, wear them down and force them to honor it, then when they do, split the "RB" out wide with the TE inline, but upright and throw it.

Ellington would have fit that role, McCaffrey probably does, but Eddie certainly did not.
    What PB said. He states that you need a big bruising back to have a chance to win in December. This came a couple months after Monty put up 180 against the Bears in December.

Neither is TT. He still thinks you can have a quality defense in this era of football using ILB's with pedestrian speed.

Who cares if McGinn changes with the times, he's just a journalist. He has no impact on what the team does. Unlike the GM.

Packers defense needs an injection of speed. Hopefully this draft will put some salve on that weeping sore.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Neither is TT. He still thinks you can have a quality defense in this era of football using ILB's with pedestrian speed.

Who cares if McGinn changes with the times, he's just a journalist. He has no impact on what the team does. Unlike the GM.

Packers defense needs an injection of speed. Hopefully this draft will put some salve on that weeping sore.
    Hopefully the loss of Hyde and Datone Jones will enhance our speed. Those guys were plodders. I definitely agree it'd be nice to get more speed on the D.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

I dunno. Joe Thomas is on the roster and its not because he is a Guard destroyer. Same with Signing Chillar a long time ago.

Its not the point of emphasis that QB, CB or Tackle is.

But say if Shazier and Ha-Ha were available at the Packers pick that year, you don't think he at least considers Shazier?

Blog Entries
    I dunno. Joe Thomas is on the roster and its not because he is a Guard destroyer. Same with Signing Chillar a long time ago.

Its not the point of emphasis that QB, CB or Tackle is.

But say if Shazier and Ha-Ha were available at the Packers pick that year, you don't think he at least considers Shazier?
    He would have drafted HaHa because TT reads us in here and never picks who I want....lol........ TJ WATT ANYBODY ????

Blog Entries

THIS

Exactly. He said this in relation to this years free agency proceedings. He wanted a big back too.