Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
You do need to be able to run. Once we were one dimensional, Atlanta pinned back the ears and had Rodgers scrambling for his life.

I think I've posted once or twice (or 100x) my preference for a TE who can actually..you know...block someone in the run game otherwise you have a glorified fat WR.

I know its just my pipe dream going on 5 years now, but I still am dreaming of taking advantage of the skill set we have on this team and going with no true RB, but having Monte or Cobb on the field with a Joe Mixon (yea, I went there, but he fits the role) mixed in. If the D doesn't honor the run, use those new TEs to crush it, wear them down and force them to honor it, then when they do, split the "RB" out wide with the TE inline, but upright and throw it.

Ellington would have fit that role, McCaffrey probably does, but Eddie certainly did not.
What PB said. He states that you need a big bruising back to have a chance to win in December. This came a couple months after Monty put up 180 against the Bears in December.