Thread: Reasons for Hope on Defense 2017 edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nobody has mentioned Gunter. Some people seem to disrespect him for lack of speed, but I'd say instinct - which he has plenty of - trumps speed. I'd rather we had a top notch #1 Corner and Gunter as #2, but as of now, Gunter is the best we've got.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Nobody has mentioned Gunter. Some people seem to disrespect him for lack of speed, but I'd say instinct - which he has plenty of - trumps speed. I'd rather we had a top notch #1 Corner and Gunter as #2, but as of now, Gunter is the best we've got.
    yup...as shocking as that is to think about. they put him on everyone's #1 wr and he held his own most of the time.

I feel like we on could have just brought back this same thread from last offseason, or the 5 or 6 offseason before that

"Oh, if only the manic Easter bunny comes down from the sky and touches these 10 players who either sucked last year or did next to nothing with h his manic bunny tail, then our defense will be great"

Yet we can't ntinue to be a joke on defense year after year

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I feel like we on could have just brought back this same thread from last offseason, or the 5 or 6 offseason before that

"Oh, if only the manic Easter bunny comes down from the sky and touches these 10 players who either sucked last year or did next to nothing with h his manic bunny tail, then our defense will be great"

Yet we can't ntinue to be a joke on defense year after year
    Easter Bunny huh? So is that what you call it when rookies and other young players learn and get better? So the Easter Bunny had to touch Nick Collins 2 or 3 times?

This league has thousands of examples of young players learning and getting better. Just bc that learning curve isn't fast enough for you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

"Easter Bunny" hahaha
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

I just don't know how much better he will be. But he could easily be starting again. The coaches seemed to trust him most.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I just don't know how much better he will be. But he could easily be starting again. The coaches seemed to trust him most.
    since all our dbs are basically backups shoved into starting rolls he very well could be starting unless someone really takes a giant step forward and shows he can play physical.

Blog Entries
    Gunter has the best pre-snap mechanics of any of the CBs. He's no speed demon, but has good field sense. I'd like to see him work into Casey Hayward's old gig. Capers likes a cover 2-like deploy of the safeties. There are a few jobs he can do and do 'em well. He's no iso corner, but he is a decent defensive back.