Thread: Dorleant Arrested

Dorleant Arrested

Actually sounds like not much happened. No injuries. No weapons. No drugs, except his buddy charged with intoxication.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...iowa/99674744/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers CB Makinton Dorleant and Bears CB Deiondre' Hall were arrested Saturday in Cedar Falls, Iowa, after a disturbance at a local bar.

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 36m36 minutes ago
    Per @BradBiggs, Hall was tased and charged with public intoxication, interference and disorderly conduct. The two were teammates at UNI.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dorleant was only really arrested for (lol) interference and he should not be charged.

That's what he gets for socializing with a Bear. Gotta watch who your friends are.

With a Bear in Iowa no less. Double negative.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...saturday-night

Hall did not respond to police instructions and spit in the officers' faces, according to the affidavit. Police say an officer used a Taser on Hall's legs in order to get him into the squad car.

Dorleant was detained after authorities say he approached officers "in a threatening manner" following Hall's arrest.
    Note to Dorleant:

You are an UDFA CB who ended the season on IR with a knee injury. We are a month away from a draft rich in CB's. Perhaps refrain from any further stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Note to Dorleant:

You are an UDFA CB who ended the season on IR with a knee injury. We are a month away from a draft rich in CB's. Perhaps refrain from any further stupidity.
    His role was pretty minor in an incident that was mostly nothing, however with a late season ACL that will basically make him miss all of next year, he will likely be cut unless they really think he will be special.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Note to Dorleant:

Not sure I buy that he spit in officers faces...at least not before they arrested him for "approaching threateningly". I know cops. They tend to like their authority. My guess he is doing what many do when a friend is getting arrested..."come on officer just let me take him home" .... "you will respect my authority!!!" Nightstick, taser, boot, arrest.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Note to Dorleant:

a little self awareness needed. tj lang came to his rescue on twitter saying he is a good guy with his head on straight.

Could be worse:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ks-into-a-bar/

According to FOX 4 in Dallas, [Trevone] Boykin was the passenger in a car that backed into a bar, injuring a group of four bystanders who were outside. A bartender was also injured. Three of them were taken to the hospital with injuries including a broken ankle and dislocated arm, but none of the injuries were life threatening.

The woman driving the car was allegedly the drunk one and arrested for suspicion of DWI, but Boykin was arrested on two counts of marijuana possession and public intoxication. He remains in the Dallas County jail at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Not sure I buy that he spit in officers faces...at least not before they arrested him for "approaching threateningly". I know cops. They tend to like their authority. My guess he is doing what many do when a friend is getting arrested..."come on officer just let me take him home" .... "you will respect my authority!!!" Nightstick, taser, boot, arrest.
    Actually, it was Hall who reportedly spit in the officers faces.

This is one of those times of the year when teams are just hoping their players stay out of the news. The story is pretty vague about what Dorleant actually did. He'll probably come out of this okay once he sobers up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    According to the article it was Hall who was drunk as a skunk who spit in the officers face. Dorleant was arrested for interference because he tried to pull Hall away from the officers (I'm guessing to try to keep Hall from doing anything more stupid and getting charged with assault or worse). It really sounds like Dorleant's stupidity was being in the company of a drunken Bear.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    According to the article it was Hall who was drunk as a skunk who spit in the officers face. Dorleant was arrested for interference because he tried to pull Hall away from the officers (I'm guessing to try to keep Hall from doing anything more stupid and getting charged with assault or worse). It really sounds like Dorleant's stupidity was being in the company of a drunken Bear.
    Pretty much, but it sounds like he also forgot that pulling bodies off the pile is now penalizable.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Pretty much, but it sounds like he also forgot that pulling bodies off the pile is now penalizable.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...iowa/99674744/

Hall, the report says, was in the middle of the disturbance “flailing his arms and yelling profanity at bar staff and patrons.” When an officer removed him from the crowd, Hall continued “trying to get away from officers and he was yelling and spitting in the faces of the officers present.”

The officers smelled alcohol on his breath and said Hall’s eyes were watery and bloodshot. His speech was slurred and his balance was unstable.

Hall resisted as he was placed in handcuffs and refused to enter the backseat of a squad car, at which point an officer tasered his left leg.

Dorleant, the report says, attempted to grab Hall and pull him away from the officers despite verbal instructions to stay back from the scene. Once Hall was driven away, Dorleant approached an officer while “yelling and waving his arms in a threatening manner.”

He did the same with two additional officers, the report said, which prompted one of them to pull his ASP baton.

“The defendant was yelling and using profanity at all of the officers,” according to the report. “The defendant was admittedly ‘jacked up’ on adrenaline.”

Dorleant was placed under arrest and charged with misdemeanor interference.

“There was no altercation with no officers,” Dorleant said. “Nothing really happened. There were a lot of people out, actually. … Cedar Falls is like a three- or four-hour drive for me and (Deiondre’), so we were hanging out. There was a lot of people in the area, so (the police) were already there.

“They fined me. After that, I don’t know what they did with Deiondre’. ... Nothing really happened. Deiondre’ went about his way and I went about my own way.”

Cripes, Dorleant is a Green Bay cornerback - he didn't hit anybody.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack