Thread: PACKERS EMPHASIS ON EXPLOSIVENESS---JS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    After reading Dougherty's article the thing that struck me most was how little has changed so far this offseason. When the Packers eliminated the Cowboys and made it to the NFCC game the entire coaching staff saved their jobs. But in the end it sucked getting clobbered by the Falcons the way we did....
    Frustrating sure. But how much should an NFC game participant change the roster?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Frustrating sure. But how much should an NFC game participant change the roster?
    Perhaps you're right. But many of us are wondering if our team has become "perennial playoff losers." I think you'd have to admit that we've endured a number of painful losses over the past few years, and I just tend to think that without more significant change we're in for more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Perhaps you're right. But many of us are wondering if our team has become "perennial playoff losers." I think you'd have to admit that we've endured a number of painful losses over the past few years, and I just tend to think that without more significant change we're in for more of the same.
    I'm inclined to agree. I would like a young DC to come in and shake it up a bit. I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks to replace shields.

During the favre era we were perennial playoff losers due to his turnovers in big moments. Now its our letdown on defense (and at times offense) in big games.

HOWEVER....by all rights we had a second super bowl in the bag v. seattle before a fake FG and a bonehead play put us away. We were clearly the best team that year imho. But as long as we almost never sign a FA to fix a hole on D, we always seem to have one weak link. Be it Hawk, a second safety, OLB opposite clay or whatever.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.