Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ALL DAY PETERSON

Blog Entries

ALL DAY PETERSON

Anybody buy into the rumor mill seriously that GB has interest

On ESPN Radio today they were reporting GB has interest and was going to bring AP in
    BUT
    Talks just broke off as AP wants more money than GB wants to spend so the visit is delayed

I get the sense TT has a budget for his RB and we'd consider Blount, Charles, or AP later on if the prices came down.

Thoughts ?

I'd actually be intrigued with Jamal Charles as a RB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I posted this same thing in the, "Packers Offseason Moves" thread but I'll post it here again...

I'm not buying that the Packers have had any interest whatsoever in Peterson. I think it's just all bullshit smoke and mirrors thrown up by his agent. Notice how during every free agency period the Pack always gets used by the agents as one of the teams that is interested in so and so. I think they do this because they know that T.T. and the Pack are so tight lipped that nobody will refute their alleged, "interest".

reported by several sources

Translation: AP's agent talking to multiple reporters. ~Andrew Brandt

If he was interested in $3M instead of the reported asking price of $8M, maybe. At $8M he can go fuck himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I posted this same thing in the, "Packers Offseason Moves" thread but I'll post it here again...

I'm not buying that the Packers have had any interest whatsoever in Peterson. I think it's just all bullshit smoke and mirrors thrown up by his agent. Notice how during every free agency period the Pack always gets used by the agents as one of the teams that is interested in so and so. I think they do this because they know that T.T. and the Pack are so tight lipped that nobody will refute their alleged, "interest".

reported by several sources

Translation: AP's agent talking to multiple reporters. ~Andrew Brandt
    Hadn't thought of it that way - that agents can be quite sure a denial won't get out. You certainly wouldn't want to try that with, say, the Colts or Cowboys!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Smbass I thnk the packers are interested in most free agents, but just not at the price they want.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    If he was interested in $3M instead of the reported asking price of $8M, maybe. At $8M he can go fuck himself.
    This. Apparently every team is telling him that same thing. I love how he's trying to say it's his decision he's not with a team and that he's trying to find the right fit. He's got no date to the dance and yet tells his friends he's choosing between all the girls who have said no to him in front of the whole school.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Of course thy are interested but AP is demanding too much. I think he has another good season left and would sign on him
    a one year 6M deal.

NO way ever would I give him 6m heading into a RB rich draft. He is 32.....thats like 224 in dog and RB years.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

He cannot pass block or catch the ball. He would need to accept a Brett Favre 2001 change of offensive focus to fit in.

This doesn't seem like his likeliest landing place.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He cannot pass block or catch the ball. He would need to accept a Brett Favre 2001 change of offensive focus to fit in.

This doesn't seem like his likeliest landing place.
    yup...he'd only be useful on first down and that's it. any other time and everyone would know what's coming next...plus our line isn't what it needs to be rushing wise. hell, it may not be what it needs to be passing wise now either.

I'd be willing to take a flyer on Peterson...but only at a deep discount price and if he was willing to be part of a platoon of RBs. I think the biggest issue is that Peterson has too big of an ego to accept either of those, which is why he's stuck without any offers at present.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I don't think he is capable of carrying a team anymore, but being a piece of the puzzle/a counter to Aaron Rodgers, yeah, he probably could be decent, maybe a monster at doing that. Just the same, I doubt it will happen. Ted just doesn't operate that way. I'd give him $4 million guaranteed with incentives up to $6 or 7 million.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I have always really liked AP. However I would much rather see the Packers get Blount.

He's a complete misfit for this system and he's probably done to boot. Pass.

He can still be a two back back with Ty coming in as the 3rd down back. Yea he can't catch but Rodgers isn't a check down guy anyway. Having a QB like Rodgers will also open up lanes for him he didn't have in Minny. AP is a freak of nature who I believe has another good season left especially with a chip on his shoulder....anyway watch him go to the Pats and have a solid season.

I wouldn't touch Blount, it's a reason NE letting him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Which is?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Which is?
    Im not Bill Belichick so couldn't tell you

they do that with everyone though. bennett is the latest.

Im not Bill Belichick so couldn't tell you
    I thought you had heard rumors he was stealing puppies or something.

Belichick letting him go might be no more than acquiring someone similar at a better price. Or the fact that he has a lot of back under contract if Lewis is healthy.