Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ALL DAY PETERSON

I still think AP is the better running back and it's not like we can afford to pay him an extra MIL or two.

I just think with AP back there teams will know its a run. They aren't going to pass to him often and they don't want to trust him to pass block for other routes.

Its like herschel walker to the Vikings. Great running back, wrong system.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

or if you can get him for 3 or 4 million and make him fit what you're already doing. if he can't do that, then its not like you're out a ton of money. and if he can change and pick up the system, then you might have another offensive weapon

IF......

he even has anything left in the tank and if he's even willing to play for 3 or 4 million

I'm not opposed to signing him. He's not a great pass protector. In fact, he's below average, but I don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be. He was 29th out of 54 qualifying RBs in pass protection from 2012-2014. Not sure where he ended up in 2015, but he was coming off an injury and was learning a new system when he struggled early. He's not a terrible receiver either. He's not going to by Ty Montgomery, but he's dangerous in the screen game and on dump offs. I think this is overblown. Yes, Montgomery would be the third down RB, but it's not like the Packers would have to run every time Peterson is in the game.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    I would LOVE it if Ted Thompson went against his norm and signed All Day Peterson; dude still has talent, and we certainly have money. He'd give us a threat we have not had since Ahman Green.

Add Peterson for 5 MIL on a 1 Year Deal, use him with Monty.....and draft a speed back (Maybe a scat).....

P.S. I don't care either way on Michael.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

32 year old RB at $5M a year? Never gonna happen. I would guess he may get $3M - $4M with incentives if that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    NO way ever would I give him 6m heading into a RB rich draft. He is 32.....thats like 224 in dog and RB years.
    No kidding. Let somebody else overpay a declining RB who can't pick up a blitz to save his rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I wouldn't touch Blount, it's a reason NE letting him walk.
    And there is a reason MN let Peterson leave too.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'd go as high as 5M with modest guarantees for AP on merit. Add a 5M bonus if he run out the superbowl tunnel in MN this year! Can't put a price on the chance to twist that knife.

Last time he had nothing in the tank he almost won the MVP. I don't care much that he can't catch and really don't care that he's been poor in pass protection. He's never had anyone worth protecting
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I wouldn't touch Blount, it's a reason NE letting him walk.
    That is what the Pat's do. With that reasoning the Packers shouldn't have signed Bennett either.

Running backs, if they can pick up the blocking scheme, can be very effective as rookies. Hell, I'd just pick one up in the third round or so, and let him have at it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think at this point in his career AP needs to change his handle from, "All Day" to maybe "9:00am to Noon" Peterson. I'm still hoping Ted gets a crack at RB Joe Williams from Utah in about the 3rd or 4th round. I could end up being completely wrong but I just have a feeling this kid is going to end up being pretty good. Supposedly he's already a decent and willing blocker so he might even be able to see the field sooner than some prospects. I hope Ty spends a lot of time figuring out how to pass block and pick up blitzes from the backfield because understandably so he was pretty bad at it last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Running backs, if they can pick up the blocking scheme, can be very effective as rookies. Hell, I'd just pick one up in the third round or so, and let him have at it.

We could use all those picks for defense
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'd go as high as 5M with modest guarantees for AP on merit. He's never had anyone worth protecting

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I think at this point in his career AP needs to change his handle from, "All Day" to maybe "9:00am to Noon" Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We could use all those picks for defense
    wouldn't bother me none.

You can't be mad about Langs replacement potentially getting Rodgers hurt them advocate for AP to be signed. He's worse at pass pro an actual pile of dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You can't be mad about Langs replacement potentially getting Rodgers hurt them advocate for AP to be signed. He's worse at pass pro an actual pile of dog shit.
    this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I am and I have all along advocated using the f'cking money on defense.

But I don't get this logic. AP adds another weapon and that protects AROD. Dude caught plenty of screen passes in his career and is every bit as good of a receiver as Eddie Lacey was. He's not Jamal Charles or Darren Sproles; but for some reason TT has never valued having on of those guys on our roster.

Having AP in the backfield and play action passing does help AROD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I am and I have all along advocated using the f'cking money on defense.

But I don't get this logic. AP adds another weapon and that protects AROD. Dude caught plenty of screen passes in his career and is every bit as good of a receiver as Eddie Lacey was. He's not Jamal Charles or Darren Sproles; but for some reason TT has never valued having on of those guys on our roster.

Having AP in the backfield and play action passing does help AROD.
    Either you don't watch a lot of Vikings football, or you've got a different version of pass catching than I do. He's bad. His pass pro is fully terrible. Play action only works for so long with a 32 year old RB with bad knees who can't block.

Also, he beat his kid on the nuts with a stick until they bled. He's the very definition of a shit human and you're advocating the team you follow pay him millions of dollars because he used to be good at football. If the Packers sign him, I will boo every time he touches the ball.

i don't think he meant to hit his testicles but spanking with a switch and making ANYTHING bleed is way over the top.

i'm not advocating it but again...if they're even considering peterson at all then they should just go ahead and draft mixon...he's better, faster, cheaper, younger. the noise/protests (if any) in Green Bay will only last for a short time and the national media just won't pursue it as much in Green Bay as it would in ny or some other large city. i didn't even realize what's his name in kc had a dv history until the mixon talk started late last year. he's not going to last long though. he'll be gone by the time GB picks in the 2nd round and our need for a cb is too great for us to pick him in the 1st. hell...he may be gone by then. the mixon story is very interesting.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i don't think he meant to hit his testicles but spanking with a switch and making ANYTHING bleed is way over the top.

i'm not advocating it but again...if they're even considering peterson at all then they should just go ahead and draft mixon...he's better, faster, cheaper, younger. the noise/protests (if any) in Green Bay will only last for a short time and the national media just won't pursue it as much in Green Bay as it would in ny or some other large city. i didn't even realize what's his name in kc had a dv history until the mixon talk started late last year. he's not going to last long though. he'll be gone by the time GB picks in the 2nd round and our need for a cb is too great for us to pick him in the 1st. hell...he may be gone by then. the mixon story is very interesting.
    Gotta agree with GBGary here. This story is very intriguing. Mixons combine numbers were eerily similar to Zeke's last year. He could be a freak. I'm for second chances, as the issue took place several years ago and he paid his debt.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!