Thread: Packers Salary Cap By Position

Packers Salary Cap By Position

In an otherwise reasonable but unremarkable article about where the Packers spend their salary cap, Silverstein drops this one:

Guards, on the other hand, are not going to strike gold in Green Bay. Both Josh Sitton and T.J. Lang made it to second contracts and accounted for $13 million in cap space going into last year, but when push came to shove Thompson gave Bakhtiari $12 million per year and let both Sitton and Lang go.
    Hmmm. Bakhtiari got to a second contract and got way more expensive. Sitton and Lang got a second contract and were going to get even MORE expensive on their third. Despite this, Thompson tried to sign Lang but apparently balked at the high guaranteed number from the Lions, which was close to a record percentage of a contract guaranteed.

So does it make sense to say Guards will never strike gold? Not a single solitary troy ounce.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...lls/100183234/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In an otherwise reasonable but unremarkable article about where the Packers spend their salary cap, Silverstein drops this one:

Hmmm. Bakhtiari got to a second contract and got way more expensive. Sitton and Lang got a second contract and were going to get even MORE expensive on their third. Despite this, Thompson tried to sign Lang but apparently balked at the high guaranteed number from the Lions, which was close to a record percentage of a contract guaranteed.

So does it make sense to say Guards will never strike gold? Not a single solitary troy ounce.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...lls/100183234/

I think that makes sense; what is the highest Tackle contract as opposed the highest OG contract ?

Silverstain...I've listed to him a lot. Many in here ambush McGinn for adding his writing bias about Ted. Silverstein is no better. Both think TT is good but not great. They would be hammered in here.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I think that makes sense; what is the highest Tackle contract as opposed the highest OG contract ?

Silverstain...I've listed to him a lot. Many in here ambush McGinn for adding his writing bias about Ted. Silverstein is no better. Both think TT is good but not great. They would be hammered in here.
    Spoon is great fun to listen to. And he doesn't do nearly as much weekly panic as McGinn does. But I am afraid his brain is malfunctioning.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

it depends on scheme and player quality to me. if we were a running team and the guards (and center) were blowing people up they be valued more. since we aren't...they're not.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Don Barclay is the OG version of the Mendoza line. When Rodgers is not getting pressured from up the middle very often, the guard play is adequate.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Don Barclay is the OG version of the Mendoza line. When Rodgers is not getting pressured from up the middle very often, the guard play is adequate.
    Great analogy!