View Poll Results: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Williams - OLB - Alabama

0 0%
  • Teez Tabor - CB - Florida

1 4.76%
  • Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St.

0 0%
  • Cordrea Tankersley - CB - Clemson

1 4.76%
  • Takkirist McKinley - OLB - UCLA

1 4.76%
  • Forrest Lamp - G - W. Kentucky

1 4.76%
  • T.J. Watt - OLB - Wisconsin

7 33.33%
  • Desmond King - CB - Iowa

2 9.52%
  • Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

0 0%
  • Trade Up For...

3 14.29%
  • Trade down for...

0 0%
  • Other

5 23.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Although this board may not survive the Packers having a CB named Tank...
    Ha!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I think I'm starting to get on the Watt band wagon. Not sure why its taken me this long. Loved watching the kid with the Badgers.

Definitely understand your thought process Mad. But there are multiple ways to improve the play of the DBs. Adding pass rush is one of those ways. I think the top of the CB list will be picked over by 29. Prolly cost too much to jump up and get one, so might as well do next best thing. Improve pass rush, IF possible, and look to better value in 2nd or 3rd round for a CB.

I am with you; remember this dude started at UW as a Tight end and moved to ILB; nice ceiling and huge motor.....think Aaron Kampman at OLB. Adding pass rush tempers the fact that our CB's suck....and there will be very good CB's there in rounds 2 and 3.

If an elite pass rusher is there.........GET HIM
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I am with you; remember this dude started at UW as a Tight end and moved to ILB; nice ceiling and huge motor.....think Aaron Kampman at OLB. Adding pass rush tempers the fact that our CB's suck....and there will be very good CB's there in rounds 2 and 3.

Yep. I can cover Antonio Brown if Big Ben is on his ass in 1.4 seconds.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Ok...maybe even a little quicker to give me a chance.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Ok...maybe even a little quicker to give me a chance.
    Clay has probably lost a step, but right now, he is still the best pass rush option that the team has, and that should be somewhat concerning now that he is north of 30. They should be thinking multiple pass rushers! Now, I'm not saying in a row or super high up in the draft, but somewhere in the draft or priority free agency or one in the draft and one in priority free agency. You can't have enough good rusher backers in a 3-4.

That said, if Christian McCaffrey is there to be picked, go get him. With our recent mixed to meh results of picking defenders at the end of the first round, get the BAP or guy most likely to be an individual talent. If you are TT and you knew you could make the offense that much more balanced and dangerous, with a weapon like McCaffrey, you have to do it. If you are TT, you have to trust that there are enough good pass rushers, defensive backs, guards and anything else needed on your big board, and that you will have an opportunity to pick one of them, but you must pick the rare talent always!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...017&genpos=OLB
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Top CB or OLB available. I think Ty Montgomery can give the Packers much of what McCaffrey can give. We should take both a CB and OLB by the end of day 2. Draft OG or RB when one value is on the board. For me, high priority as far as draft capital is CB, OLB. Medium priority is RB, OG, DL, maybe WR because we may need one in 2018. Low priority is QB, TE, OT, OC, ILB (I have high hopes for Ryan and Martinez this year), and S.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

DRAFT A CB !!!

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Clay has probably lost a step, but right now, he is still the best pass rush option that the team has, !
    Clay was nowhere near Nick Perry last year. He never was that great of a pass rusher. And I will toot my horn. I told you he would never equal Kampman's 15.5 sack season and I was right (but it would be nice to be wrong this year!!)

Draft is loaded at CB so you take pass rusher in the 1st and can still find a quality CB in the 2nd.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Draft is loaded at CB so you take pass rusher in the 1st and can still find a quality CB in the 2nd.
    I'd love it if that King kid out of Washington fell to our 2nd round pick. He played oppo Sidney Jones. I believe he's 6'3 and ran a high 4.4 or low 4.5. Great size and speed combo. Pair him with Watt or Tak McK and I think we've got a start to a more consistent defense.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Personally I want Watt. And he's a smart, try hard white LB so TT might go there.

But I voted other because TT will pick up some no name wide receiver from a relatively unknown school.

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I'd love it if that King kid out of Washington fell to our 2nd round pick. He played oppo Sidney Jones. I believe he's 6'3 and ran a high 4.4 or low 4.5. Great size and speed combo. Pair him with Watt or Tak McK and I think we've got a start to a more consistent defense.
    6'1" and 4.45 quite respectable

I think hoping for him in the 2nd is a bit of a fantasy, but I would love the pick if it came to pass

Watt does make a ton of sense in round 1. Measurables hit TT's standards for the position. Then, draft CB later in a deep CB draft. I had heard that this draft was deep in OLBs, but the more I dig into it I don't think it's that deep in pass rushers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Watt does make a ton of sense in round 1. Measurables hit TT's standards for the position. Then, draft CB later in a deep CB draft. I had heard that this draft was deep in OLBs, but the more I dig into it I don't think it's that deep in pass rushers.

COMPLETELY AGREE;

Watt is a no brainer here. CB is so deep there will be very good ones in both round 2 and 3 for us.

There are not a lot of pass rushers
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I am not endorsing Watt unless I see certified lab proof that he is on the same 'roids as his brother.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am not endorsing Watt unless I see certified lab proof that he is on the same 'roids as his brother.

JJ is not on roids; he just works out year round and likes it. His trainer is about 30 minutes away from me.

I think TJ also loves the game; he's the real deal.

But we don't want your endorsement; we just want you to apologize to Cullen Jenkins so you raise the curse and give TT a chance. Let him win and resign as his campaign manager

JJ is not on roids; he just works out year round and likes it. His trainer is about 30 minutes away from me.

But we don't want your endorsement; we just want you to apologize to Cullen Jenkins so you raise the curse and give TT a chance. Let him win and resign as his campaign manager
    Aren't you worried about endorsing TJ and his impending career threatening injury in 2019?

Not giving in on Cullen.

JJ Watt grew a little too much after high school, didn't he? He went to Central Michigan as a TE, 6' 5" and 220 lbs if wikipedia is to be believed.

That is a lot of muscle mass gained Bretsky, without much of a gain in height.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Guys I've looked at that I like so far are Tim Williams and Zach Cunningham.

Like both of those guys over McKinley; although McKinley did have the shoulder issue and played thru it. Not sure I'm too thrilled about the idea of taking another UCLA front seven guy though, as the last two were poor picks.
    wist