View Poll Results: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Williams - OLB - Alabama

0 0%
  • Teez Tabor - CB - Florida

1 4.76%
  • Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St.

0 0%
  • Cordrea Tankersley - CB - Clemson

1 4.76%
  • Takkirist McKinley - OLB - UCLA

1 4.76%
  • Forrest Lamp - G - W. Kentucky

1 4.76%
  • T.J. Watt - OLB - Wisconsin

7 33.33%
  • Desmond King - CB - Iowa

2 9.52%
  • Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

0 0%
  • Trade Up For...

3 14.29%
  • Trade down for...

0 0%
  • Other

5 23.81%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Who should TT draft in the 1st Round?

Poll to follow.

Following players not in the poll due to expectation they will be gone by the time the Packers draft.

Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen, Solomon Thomas, Malik Hooker, Dalvin Cook, Jamal Adams, Reuben Foster, Mike Williams, Leonard Fournette, Marshon Lattimore, O.J. Howard, Mitch Trubisky, Jabrill Peppers, Ryan Ramczyk, Corey Davis, Derek Barnett, Zach Cunningham. John Ross, Marlon Humphrey, Christian McCaffrey, DeShaun Watson, Javid Njoku, Haason Reddick.

since i don't really watch college fb i'll say best db available. dallas is ahead of us and their db needs are worse than ours. would love to see tt move up a few spots.

I'm going with McKinley. The injury to Sidney Jones weakened the class of 1st round Cb's a bit.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I voted other. Christian McCaffrey is my selection. His ability to make people miss is special, and he can get to the next level in a blink, plus he could be special out of the backfield.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

McCaffrey would be a good value if he is available at #29. (I don't think he will be). Still, with RB being such a strong position in the 2017 draft, I think defense is the way to go. I think there's a better chance of finding a starting caliber RB in the 3-4 round than there is at OLB.

For the first time ever, I voted "trade up". As I said in the other thread, we need quality, not quantity. We haven't gotten a star-quality player since Aaron and Clay - with the possible exception of Jordy. Take Rodgers away, and this team is very mediocre. Let's get somebody on that excluded list in the first post.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    I really don't think McKinley is there; if he is no brainer
    Therefore I went all homer. TJ WATT !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

A TE from SouthWest nowhere state you've never heard of that came from the basketball program at the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    A TE from SouthWest nowhere state you've never heard of that came from the basketball program at the school.
    Unless that TE is the second coming of Gronk...

I vote McCaffrey, but you know Dallas will grab him before we can.
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Unless that TE is the second coming of Gronk...
    I'd take a bigger version of Greg Jennings. I've followed all of Teds drafts, and rarely a. I anywhere close to guessing what he'll do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The Packers greatest primary need is at the CB/CB's position . It is necessary realize that a change in thinking is necessary . GB's Offense has not been a great problem area the past few seasons . The Defense needs players , especially in the CB positions. In a passing dominated league , the CB position's must merit more than a cheap 5th or 6th round pick in the draft .

I would like to see GB trade up in the upcoming NFL Draft . It may require some creative thinking , but I believe that GB will need to have a top 5 pick to get a CB like Ohio State's Marshon Lattimore .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I really don't think McKinley is there; if he is no brainer
    Therefore I went all homer. TJ WATT !!
    Hard to say with McKinley. Don't know if the shoulder injury will scare teams off in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hard to say with McKinley. Don't know if the shoulder injury will scare teams off in the 1st round.
    If you are referring to the OLB from UCLA , then you need to wake up and smell the coffee mailman . GB needs CB's that can do better this season . It is a passing League and GB needs players that can do their jobs. Trade UP - get the Ohio State CB - Marshon Lattimore !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    If you are referring to the OLB from UCLA , then you need to wake up and smell the coffee mailman . GB needs CB's that can do better this season . It is a passing League and GB needs players that can do their jobs. Trade UP - get the Ohio State CB - Marshon Lattimore !
    You wanna trade all your picks to draft one guy? Even if they did, it probably wouldn't be enough to move up that far. Nice analysis.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    McCaffrey would be a good value if he is available at #29. (I don't think he will be). Still, with RB being such a strong position in the 2017 draft, I think defense is the way to go. I think there's a better chance of finding a starting caliber RB in the 3-4 round than there is at OLB.
    I agree with your comments, I just happen to think that McCaffrey has the ability be special from day one, and take the offense to another level more than a first round OLB could help the defense. McCaffrey's foot work and agility are incredible. I think he would put as much or more pressure on the opposing defense to stop him as a first round defender could help the Packers defense shore up our defense.

If he's available, he should be the first RB taken by the Packers since Darrell Thompson in 1990. I'm telling you, if he stays healthy (always, right?), I think he will be a star in the NFL.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    All I know is that he better be an immediate impact, ROY, Pro-Bowler type player who leads us to a SB win, else some members here will take a flamethrower to this place.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

CB was a huge hole that was exploited at the end, and will be totally exposed if it is not addressed. It doesn't matter who the Packers add on the offensive side of the ball if the other guys can score at will. If there is a CB available with a first round grade at all, take him. If it looks like they might all be gone, try to trade up and grab one.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I think I'm starting to get on the Watt band wagon. Not sure why its taken me this long. Loved watching the kid with the Badgers.

Definitely understand your thought process Mad. But there are multiple ways to improve the play of the DBs. Adding pass rush is one of those ways. I think the top of the CB list will be picked over by 29. Prolly cost too much to jump up and get one, so might as well do next best thing. Improve pass rush, IF possible, and look to better value in 2nd or 3rd round for a CB.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I think I'm starting to get on the Watt band wagon. Not sure why its taken me this long. Loved watching the kid with the Badgers.

Definitely understand your thought process Mad. But there are multiple ways to improve the play of the DBs. Adding pass rush is one of those ways. I think the top of the CB list will be picked over by 29. Prolly cost too much to jump up and get one, so might as well do next best thing. Improve pass rush, IF possible, and look to better value in 2nd or 3rd round for a CB.
    They'd need an elite pass rusher to compensate for the CB play last year, and I don't think they'd get that at or near #29. If they just need to leapfrog Dallas to secure a CB like Tankersley, I'd say go for it. Although this board may not survive the Packers having a CB named Tank...
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!