View Poll Results: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Williams - OLB - Alabama

0 0%
  • Teez Tabor - CB - Florida

1 4.76%
  • Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St.

0 0%
  • Cordrea Tankersley - CB - Clemson

1 4.76%
  • Takkirist McKinley - OLB - UCLA

1 4.76%
  • Forrest Lamp - G - W. Kentucky

1 4.76%
  • T.J. Watt - OLB - Wisconsin

7 33.33%
  • Desmond King - CB - Iowa

2 9.52%
  • Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

0 0%
  • Trade Up For...

3 14.29%
  • Trade down for...

0 0%
  • Other

5 23.81%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not giving in on Cullen.

JJ Watt grew a little too much after high school, didn't he? He went to Central Michigan as a TE, 6' 5" and 220 lbs if wikipedia is to be believed.

That is a lot of muscle mass gained Bretsky, without much of a gain in height.
    Not saying he DIDN'T do roids, but its not out of the possibility to do it clean. I knew guys who were 6'4 185 that I got to 225 in 2 years without cheating. So to go 220 to 290 in 4 years isn't impossible. Its also a lot easier by being dirty for two 9 week cycles.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Not saying he DIDN'T do roids, but its not out of the possibility to do it clean. I knew guys who were 6'4 185 that I got to 225 in 2 years without cheating. So to go 220 to 290 in 4 years isn't impossible. Its also a lot easier by being dirty for two 9 week cycles.
    i went from 175 to 220 in two years without doing anything but eating and drinking

Yeah, I shouldn't put him on blast like that. He wasn't all world in his first action with the Badgers, so it took some time. Its not like he did it all between 18 and 19.

The true crime is probably what they do legally to beef these kids up.

I do prefer red's regimen myself.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i went from 175 to 220 in two years without doing anything but eating and drinking
    The way you pour in the oil, I'm surprised you only gained 35 lbs!

Thanks for posting this kid... absolutely loved his tape. I can easily see Hassan Reddick being a pro bowl player. Every snap of every game I watched of - he was the best player on the field.

Don't think he'll be there be there at our 2nd pick, but would love to see Cunningham in the 1st and Reddick in the 2nd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The write-ups I read of him have as an OLB, but I see him as being so versatile that I think he can play anywhere. Would never have to come off the field. Would immediately become the best LB on our roster.

The question for this kid I think would be - do you spring for him in the 1st round??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I'd love it if that King kid out of Washington fell to our 2nd round pick. He played oppo Sidney Jones. I believe he's 6'3 and ran a high 4.4 or low 4.5. Great size and speed combo. Pair him with Watt or Tak McK and I think we've got a start to a more consistent defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    6'1" and 4.45 quite respectable

I think hoping for him in the 2nd is a bit of a fantasy, but I would love the pick if it came to pass
    he did measure in a 6'3 and 200 and ran a 4.43 at the combine

dude is shooting up draft boards, and i'm starting to see him projected to us in the first

that size/speed combo is pretty damn impressive

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Thanks for posting this kid... absolutely loved his tape. I can easily see Hassan Reddick being a pro bowl player. Every snap of every game I watched of - he was the best player on the field.

Don't think he'll be there be there at our 2nd pick, but would love to see Cunningham in the 1st and Reddick in the 2nd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The write-ups I read of him have as an OLB, but I see him as being so versatile that I think he can play anywhere. Would never have to come off the field. Would immediately become the best LB on our roster.

The question for this kid I think would be - do you spring for him in the 1st round??
    Everything on this kid I've seen has him going well before 29. If he fell that far I'd sprint to the podium. (Is that the first sprint to the podium comment made so far this off season?) I'm with you Wist, snatch this guy up if possible. Should be quality CB in the 2nd.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

There is no way that kid is an OLB for the Packers. Would have to play inside.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Everything on this kid I've seen has him going well before 29. If he fell that far I'd sprint to the podium. (Is that the first sprint to the podium comment made so far this off season?) I'm with you Wist, snatch this guy up if possible. Should be quality CB in the 2nd.

Consider this a RINGING ENDORSEMENT from Bretsky

He'd be a great draft pick for Green Bay and I'd be elated if he was there
    I just don't think he will be
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Haven't investigated too in-depth yet... first write up I saw him had him in 2nd-3rd round. Based on what I saw, I'd definitely have him in the 1st.

Maybe TT can trade up?? One can dream...

Would actually rather have reddick over Cunningham, but I like Cunningham over McKinley.
    wist

I think Cunningham is intriguing. I don't know how big he is, but Deion Jones, Atlanta's 1st rounder last year, wasn't huge either and he was really fast and effective last year. I wouldn't be upset with a Cunningham/Reddick/Watt first round pick. If they aren't there i like McKinley. I agree it'll only be bc of his shoulder that he even makes it to 29. And I know you have issues with Clark but I'm cautiously optimistic. He's so young, I'll wait to draw my final conclusion on him just yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he did measure in a 6'3 and 200 and ran a 4.43 at the combine

dude is shooting up draft boards, and i'm starting to see him projected to us in the first

that size/speed combo is pretty damn impressive
    NFL Network has him going at 27 currently
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think Cunningham is intriguing. I don't know how big he is, but Deion Jones, Atlanta's 1st rounder last year, wasn't huge either and he was really fast and effective last year. I wouldn't be upset with a Cunningham/Reddick/Watt first round pick. If they aren't there i like McKinley. I agree it'll only be bc of his shoulder that he even makes it to 29. And I know you have issues with Clark but I'm cautiously optimistic. He's so young, I'll wait to draw my final conclusion on him just yet.
    Jones went in the 2nd round, pick 45... I wanted Jones last year too.

Eliot Wolf came right out and said the Packers don't value ILB's much though - and the guys I always see plugged in there aren't even on TT/Dom's radar.

I see Reddick as a more versatile Bobby Wagner type. He's listed as a DE/Edge rusher, but I'd start him in the middle and move him around... he'd be wasted in Dom's static 2-4.
    wist

I don't think TT cares if they do PED's. Case in point would be Clay. There is no way that meathead got as big as he did in college without some chemical aids.

Blog Entries

Eliot Wolf came right out and said the Packers don't value ILB's much though - and the guys I always see plugged in there aren't even on TT/Dom's radar.

I see Reddick as a more versatile Bobby Wagner type. He's listed as a DE/Edge rusher, but I'd start him in the middle and move him around... he'd be wasted in Dom's static 2-4.

When did Eliott Wolf say that ? I'd have to agree with Wolf...who is..of course...the guy I wan to be our current GM

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I don't think TT cares if they do PED's. Case in point would be Clay. There is no way that meathead got as big as he did in college without some chemical aids.

Again, not saying he didnt do roids, but getting to 265 at 6'3"doesn't take a miracle.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Thanks for the assist Wist. I remember us talking about Jones as a first round possibility for GB, that's where my error occurred. In any case, that type of talent could surely help us.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I recant my vote in the poll. I now think TT should draft two top CB's in the first two rounds. Shields is gone and our CB's last year sucked. From what I'm reading, maybe they can get Conley in the first and Witherspoon in the second. They both have speed and can cover.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I recant my vote in the poll. I now think TT should draft two top CB's in the first two rounds. Shields is gone and our CB's last year sucked. From what I'm reading, maybe they can get Conley in the first and Witherspoon in the second. They both have speed and can cover.
    Draft cornerbacks in the 1st 2 rounds. There's a foolproof strategy if there ever was one.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Draft cornerbacks in the 1st 2 rounds. There's a foolproof strategy if there ever was one.
    If at first you don't succeed...
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers