Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packers Pick Up Ego Ferguson

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky
    DT Ego Ferguson failed his physical with the Packers and was released after they claimed... https://t.co/hyfTbnj9pJ

Ego bruised.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky
    DT Ego Ferguson failed his physical with the Packers and was released after they claimed... https://t.co/hyfTbnj9pJ

Ego bruised.
    Packers are totally egoless.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers are totally egoless.
    i wouldn't go that far.

And before anyone asks

NO, that doesn't count as a free agent signing

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    And before anyone asks

hell no! still a D.

hahahaha ........ I bet he plays somewhere else and does well.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    And before anyone asks

Its the intent that counts. Ted didn't ask him to hurt his shoulder or for the Bears to release him without an injury designation.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    hell no! still a D.
    Gosh gbgary, calling him a dick is kinda harsh...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Gosh gbgary, calling him a dick is kinda harsh...

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahaha ........ I bet he plays somewhere else and does well.
    I'll take that bet...how much?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    OK, so if we were looking for someone like Ego, are they looking at possibly signing anyone else to fill the spot he was going to take? Perhaps once Jonathan Hankins comes down to earth with his asking price, the Packers might have a look.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I cannot see that Packers investing serious money at DL at this point, not with so many needs elsewhere on defense. Of course that probably means they will do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I cannot see that Packers investing serious money at DL at this point, not with so many needs elsewhere on defense. Of course that probably means they will do just that.
    they HAVE the money. if a player is a difference maker then get him. that's what all-in is about. if they got him he would automatically become the Packers best d lineman and he's only twenty freakin four.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I think Ted overall is a "value" shopper and if players move down to his salary range he'll take them.

I'm pretty confident a guy like AP could be a Packer anytime if they take a market discount
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

There is nothing at the link provided by 24/7 sports that contains a report that another team is interested. Its a link to Jordan Raanan's Twitter account and specifically the report that Hankins is seeking $10 mil per year. If you look through the last two weeks of his Tweets, nothing about second team.

EDIT: It IS in a Tweet that doesn't mention Hankins by name however.

Jordan Raanan @JordanRaanan
    All quiet although I heard over past week or so there was another team in mix. Not sure what to make of that https://twitter.com/hwy20boy/status/850445644154249217

ProFootballTalk‏ @ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago
    Report: Johnathan Hankins visited Colts Tuesday

There is your other team it seems.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago
    Johnathan Hankins' new 3-year deal with the Colts includes $14.5 million guaranteed, per slice.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 13m13 minutes ago
    Former Giants' DT Johnathan Hankins, the top-rated available free agent, is signing a 3-year, $30M deal with Colts, source tells ESPN.

Lotta people were climbing on agent for demanding $10 mpy. He has apparently had some bad deals and lost clients. But he landed a deal whose public top line makes him look like he delivers.

smh