Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official OTA's/Minicamp Thread

Official OTA's/Minicamp Thread

OTA's: May 22-23, May 31, June 1-2, June 5-8

Minicamp: June 13-15

Last year hoping to learn Lacy had lost weight. This year hoping to learn Spriggs and Fackrell have gained weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    OTA's: May 22-23, May 31, June 1-2, June 5-8

Minicamp: June 13-15

Last year hoping to learn Lacy had lost weight. This year hoping to learn Spriggs and Fackrell have gained weight.
    And hoping Clark and Lowry are stronger, leaner and ready to rumble!!!

and Trevor Davis has earned the trust of the Coach & QB
    I am better looking than you.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I hope we have an NFL Starter at RB and CB.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Jason Wahlers‏ @JTWahlers 2h2 hours ago
    Please note the change to one of our OTA dates released yesterday. The Monday, June 5 OTA has been moved to Friday, June 9. #Packers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I hope we have an NFL Starter at RB and CB.
    You are going to want to raise your expectations there Tony. The Browns have 22 starters every year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Rodgers endorses Barclay at guard and potential of Patrick and Murphy to push him for the job.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 2h2 hours ago
    #Packers OLB Clay Matthews said he did NOT need surgery to repair his injured shoulder. Injury needed time to rest and heal without contact.

#Packers LT David Bakhtiari said the offensive line room belongs to RT Bryan Bulaga following the departure of vocal leader T.J. Lang.

Aaron Rodgers said the #Packers don't necessarily need a RG through the draft. He likes the trio of Don Barclay, Kyle Murphy, Lucas Patrick.

With new additions at TE, #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is excited about incorporating more "12" personnel on offense. That's 1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR.

Matthews on playing with Nick Perry: "When you can have us as bookends and keep us healthy, I think that’s a pretty good pass-rush tandem."

David Bakhtiari on Bryan Bulaga as a leader: "It’s Bryan’s offensive line room, hands down. I’m just excited to help execute what he wants."

Today is first OTA open to the public. Biggest focus will likely be on the WR.s/TE's/DB's. With no real contact, can't really judge much of the other aspects.

mm seemed pleased at his presser just now (would you really expect him to say anything otherwise...lol).
    wish i was there to watch the practices. would be cool.

McCarthy Presser:

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 20m20 minutes ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy is at the podium now. Team put it in the first install yesterday. First public OTA is later this morning.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    Focus on the passing game, McCarthy says. Offense installed in eight segments. Must take advantage of players' skills. Tilted more to pass.

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod 19m19 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Quality of work is definitely higher with throwing the football. We're talking 6-7 percent of snaps from run to pass #Packers

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 18m18 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he doesn't adjust OTA planning based on size of the rookie class. He wants to get the ball moving quickly regardless of age.

Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero
    Roger Goodell is expected to tell NFL owners group celebrations, using ball as prop after TDs, going to ground, snow angels are now allowed.

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Kenny Clark: Kenny is crushing it in the weight room. That's what you want to see. I look for Kenny to do a lot more #Packers

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 14m14 minutes ago
    Goal for offseason practices: Trust the process and "max out" these 10 practices and post-practice meetings.

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod 13m13 minutes ago
    McCarthy: "Helluva football player. I like the way he's come in and fits into the room, not only OL but locker room" #Packers

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
    McCarthy said all three veteran players — Evans, Jean Francois, House — have been excellent additions to the locker room so far. #Packers

HOW ABOUT MARTELLUS THERE COACH?

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 20m20 minutes ago
    Also, #Packers top draft pick CB Kevin King not here because the University of Washington is on the quarters system. Expected for minicamp.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 23m23 minutes ago
    Among injured #Packers not practicing today:
    P Jacob Schum
    CB Demetri Goodson
    OLB Vince Biegel
    C Corey Linsley
    DT Letroy Guion dropped out.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Safety Morgan Burnett still playing some at inside backer in the "nitro" package. Davon House and LaDarius Gunter are on the outside, Damarious Randall in the slot with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Kentrell Brice at safety.
    1h

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Rookie Josh Jones has already shown a nose for the ball. He just ripped the ball out of Randall Cobb's hands for a pass breakup on a corner route.
    1h

Charles Rex Arbogast/AP Photo
    57mRob Demovsky
    Packers' best acquisition: Martellus Bennett
    Bennett comes to the Packers with valuable postseason experience. He and Lance Kendricks should make Green Bay's double-tight-end sets difficult to defend.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Packers open with Davon House and LaDarius Gunter at the corner spots with three safeties -- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Morgan Burnett and Kentrell Brice -- in the nickel. Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins rotated in on the outside.
    1h

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Packers incumbent punter Jake Schum has a minor back injury but is expected back on the field for OTAs soon. He will be in competition with rookie Justin Vogel.
    2h

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Those not working at Packers OTAs because of injuries include: P Jacob Schum, CB Demetri Goodson, OLB Vince Biegel, C Corey Linsley, WR Michael Clark. Not here because of school restrictions: CB Kevin King, LB Josh Letuligasenoa. Not here for personal reasons: OLB Clay Matthews.
    2h

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Clay Matthews isn't at today's OTA but it's not injury related. He's expected back soon.
    2h

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Kevin King, the Packers' top draft pick, isn't at OTAs because his school, the University of Washington, is still in session. He's expected to be able to return for minicamp next month.
    2h

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson and Davante Adams are still doing the juggling drills that WR coach Luke Getsy implemented last offseason.
    2h

During FA, someone posited House wasn't poised to be a starter.

I wonder which of Gunter and House will take a seat when King shows up?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I think you're going to see so many different combinations it will be difficult to keep track of them all.

I really like Linsley but this whole injured often thing is getting old. I'm not surprised Clay is gone for a non injury reason. He's probably making more stupid commercials. Not a bad idea as imo he doesn't have much more time in football.

Ryan Wood‏
    @ByRyanWood

#Packers rookie safety Josh Jones lays a big hit on WR Jeff Janis in pass drills, despite no pads. That's a no-no. Rookie mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I really like Linsley but this whole injured often thing is getting old.
    At least it's not a new injury. He had surgery in March.

Packers center Corey Linsley is recovering from ankle surgery that could keep him out for part of the offseason program, sources told ESPN.

One source described the procedure as a "clean-out to remove loose particles" stemming from the high ankle sprain he sustained late in the 2015 season. That injury, according to the source, is believed to have contributed to the hamstring injury he sustained last offseason that kept him out until Week 9 of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    At least it's not a new injury. He had surgery in March.
    I did not know that, that makes me feel a bit better. Hopefully they get the injuries out of the way before the season this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Man I hope Gunter doesn't even make the final roster

Gunter was the best Corner the Packers had last season - presumably second only to King this year. I'm hoping to see him shut down the second receiver of teams. He did a pretty fair job against all except the top 4 or 5 WRs in the league last year. Did Randall ever play Slot last season? I like that move for this year if it stays.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?