Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official OTA's/Minicamp Thread

^thanks for proving my point Gunter is garbage

Hope it's King, House, Randall, Rollins, and two undrafted FAs

Gunter shut down just about everybody this side of Julio Jones. Not many Corners shut him down. What more do you want from a UDFA? He'll do just fine as a #2 Corner if King can come through against the top WRs of opponents.

King, Gunter starting; Randall in the slot, Rollins and House as back ups along with maybe Hawkins or maybe keep only 5
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Gunter shut down just about everybody this side of Julio Jones. Not many Corners shut him down. What more do you want from a UDFA? He'll do just fine as a #2 Corner if King can come through against the top WRs of opponents.

King, Gunter starting; Randall in the slot, Rollins and House as back ups along with maybe Hawkins or maybe keep only 5
    Tex, I'm on the bandwagon that Gunter can start in this league. He is pretty much a lock to make the roster.

HOWEVER...lets be clear. No one on that entire defense shut down just about everybody this side of Julio Jones. Controlled, contained. Didn't piss all over his shoes, yes. Shutdown? No.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Smaller than a normal RB and unable to take the rigors of the NFL....or something like that

We were 31st, i.e. next to last defending the pass... I guess the bright side is that we could be worse
    wist

Is it just me or is the guy in the top row middle wearing a yellow skirt, green tights, and gold ballet slippers?

Must be a Packer cornerback.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...t-ota-session/

The Packers have a lot of depth at the wide receiver and tight end position heading into 2017. With the top three wide receivers spots locked up, the battle at the position is one to follow and on Tuesday Trevor Davis stood out at the position. Davis caught most – if not all – of the passes thrown his way, including a pass up the sideline that beat the defense over the top
    Davis is kind of a forgotten guy. However, he has the best speed of any Packer WR not named Jeff Janis. A deep threat sure would be a great weapon to have.

Edit: This story was from last week. OTA's resume tomorrow.

Even if he's half a step slower than Janis, a little route running makes him pretty dangerous.

Rollins had groin surgery, too. Did we know that?

Rollins, on the other hand, was out for three contests but was also nagged throughout the year, as he put off surgery until the season had concluded. According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel’s Michael Cohen, who spoke to Rollins, the same doctor who repaired Randall’s groin performed the surgery on Rollins.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...andall-rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Rollins had groin surgery, too. Did we know that?
    Did not know that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I have real hope that with reasonable health neither Randall nor Rollins will be the players they were last year.

What's with the groin surgeries? Is the groin the new hammy?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Even if he's half a step slower than Janis, a little route running makes him pretty dangerous.
    Either Janis or Davis will not be on the roster when the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Either Janis or Davis will not be on the roster when the season starts.
    I'm guessing Janis. He was a fan favorite two years ago, but last year he did nothing to retain that title. Haven't heard a peep about his potential or progress. Nor have I heard any updates about his special teams abilities (although I still remember Crosby vouching for Janis's ability to halve a field for a return all by himself).

If he hasn't flashed within the system on called plays by now, then he's not going to. It's special teams or bust, and GB always appears willing to move on from special teams' aces in favor of skill position talent. And right now, there's a lot of WRs on the roster: Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Janis, Dupre (R), and Yancey (R). That's 8 starters and recent draft picks. I guess it isn't unprecedented to stash recent draft picks on the practice squad if they don't show much. So I guess it's possible.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I'm guessing Janis. He was a fan favorite two years ago, but last year he did nothing to retain that title. Haven't heard a peep about his potential or progress. Nor have I heard any updates about his special teams abilities (although I still remember Crosby vouching for Janis's ability to halve a field for a return all by himself).
    Crosby was on McCarren's show, and they went over video of kickoff coverage. Crosby just kind of chuckled when they showed a couple clips of Janis coming from a left outside position on kickoffs to the right, running over a couple would-be blockers and getting to the far hash marks at about the 20 yard line before the return man got there. He didn't come anywhere near making the tackle, but the return guy had no choice but to look for something between the sidelines and where Janis was. Crosby laughed and said something like, "That's Jeff! He does that all the time."

We don't get to appreciate those types of things too often.

Good point Patler. Special teams are under appreciated until they screw up. Janis is not only willing to play ST's, he's pretty damn good at it. He's worth keeping just for that. Besides they are going to want an experienced WR around when the fraud starts dropping passes the first part of the season.

It sure seems like Davis was the one who showed very little - and it seems like he got a helluva lot more opportunities than Janis. I really hope they give Janis the reps that arguably he shoulda gotten all along. If that happens, I expect him to shine as a WR in addition to what he does on special teams.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Good point Patler. Special teams are under appreciated until they screw up. Janis is not only willing to play ST's, he's pretty damn good at it. He's worth keeping just for that. Besides they are going to want an experienced WR around when the fraud starts dropping passes the first part of the season.
    Not just special teams in general, but the contributions of a player like Janis in the play mentioned, when he didn't come close to actually making the tackle, but forced the runner to turn up field into a half dozen other Packers in a limited area of the field, who easily made the tackle for a very modest return. It's easy to look at the number of ST tackles and wonder how much contribution there is, but a player abusing a couple would be blockers to cut the field width by 2/3 is worth quite a bit even if he doesn't make the tackle.