Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official OTA's/Minicamp Thread

It's exciting to hear good things about Randall, Clark, Lowry and Fackrell. Can't wait to see if the defense can bounce back strong!!

I would settle for bounce back average. But then of course the offense would get itself out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    It gets worse than that. I checked the link later to see if there was a free version or blurb, and the whole thing was available without a login at the time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    It's exciting to hear good things about Randall, Clark, Lowry and Fackrell. Can't wait to see if the defense can bounce back strong!!
    We need a shorter name for Fackrell than Holy Fackrell.

How about just Frack? The Oklahoma Earthquake?

Do they frack in Arizona?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

heard dupree beat someone down the sideline deep the other day. anyone know who he beat?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    We need a shorter name for Fackrell than Holy Fackrell.

How about just Frack? The Oklahoma Earthquake?

Do they frack in Arizona?
    How about WTF? What The Fackrell?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    heard dupree beat someone down the sideline deep the other day. anyone know who he beat?
    Nope. Just that it was against Cover 2. Dupree is my sleeper pick for this training camp. Projected as a possible 1st round pick going into 2016, he had a disappointing year, many say due to poor QB play. He probably should have stayed in school, but the Packers will benefit from the fact that he didn't.

And in Detroit, the media here is trumpeting a national article that mentioned the Detroit Lions' Jared Abbrederis as a candidate for NFL sleeper player of the year.

I figure that he'll do really great in training camp, and probably return some kicks and punts for TD's, then sometime in September go down with another injury.

He just has too slight of a build for the NFL. Great guy, very talented. Probably would be a superstar in the CFL.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And in Detroit, the media here is trumpeting a national article that mentioned the Detroit Lions' Jared Abbrederis as a candidate for NFL sleeper player of the year.

I figure that he'll do really great in training camp, and probably return some kicks and punts for TD's, then sometime in September go down with another injury.

He just has too slight of a build for the NFL. Great guy, very talented. Probably would be a superstar in the CFL.
    I hope he has 14 really good games. Love the kid. Hope he gets all the NFL has to offer.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

It gets worse than that. I checked the link later to see if there was a free version or blurb, and the whole thing was available without a login at the time.
    Still reads as premium content when I open your original link. Where do you see otherwise on that site?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

I bet he could beat Greg Robinson to the QB.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Anyone have a subscription?

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
    For our members: Randall looks like a star: http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...ks-like-a-star
    New dynamic at minicamp:
    I grow very tired of these "So an so had a great offseason" articles. It seems like a handful of them come out every summer and a lot of time don't seem to mean much when you watch the season play out.
    The part to me that's super infuriating, was referring to his tackling struggles. Both poor tackling, and a lack of interest in tackling. Both of which, Randall himself blamed on injuries. I mean if you're tackling like shit because you're hurt, that's one thing. But if you are avoiding attempting to tackle out of fear of reinjuring yourself, get off the field. Also statistically I am not sure Randall can have a worse season. Giving up 10 touchdown receptions while playing less than half the defensive snaps is about as bad as a defensive back can be.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    I grow very tired of these "So an so had a great offseason" articles. It seems like a handful of them come out every summer and a lot of time don't seem to mean much when you watch the season play out.
    The part to me that's super infuriating, was referring to his tackling struggles. Both poor tackling, and a lack of interest in tackling. Both of which, Randall himself blamed on injuries. I mean if you're tackling like shit because you're hurt, that's one thing. But if you are avoiding attempting to tackle out of fear of reinjuring yourself, get off the field. Also statistically I am not sure Randall can have a worse season. Giving up 10 touchdown receptions while playing less than half the defensive snaps is about as bad as a defensive back can be.
    One reason why I'm optimistic about this season. Improvement is almost guaranteed. Somehow Packers made it to the NFCCG with a sieve of a defensive backfield. Mere competence could make them hard to beat.

Randall was in a lot of bad positions last year and I do think that was a result of injuries.

For a corner, I haven't had any problem with his effort or willingness to tackle. His form needs work.

They should just adopt the Seahawks rugby tackle for the DBs who don't want to slam into someone.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post

It's fluff, for sure, Yeti, but they're trying to fill the gap between the end of the season and the beginning of the next. I, too, would enjoy an occasional article about how so-and-so came to minicamp way overweight and holding a Lucky Strike in one hand and a can of Bud in the other, but Eddie Lacy and Brent Favre aren't here any more.

Besides, if you just wait a little longer, there's sure to be a "Packer Defensive Lineman Busted for Pot/Guns/Stripjoint Incident in Florida" soon enough.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Herb Waters gets some buzz. Nice quotes from Whitt about what he likes in a DB.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/corys-c...medium=twitter

He was an undrafted rookie receiver out of Miami in 2016. Sounds promising right? The stable of Hurricanes’ receivers has guys like Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss.

Then Waters got cut and Packers cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt Jr. had to sway him to learn a new position while being on an NFL practice squad. Waters said yes and Whitt is pretty happy he did.

“When I saw him in rookie camp I asked for him then,” Whitt said with a smile. “When he was at receiver. I didn’t get him then, but I asked for him then. He has the skill set that I like to coach. He has long arms, he can bend, he can get out his hips. He can see and he can get the ball.”
    This writer maintains the best efforts of mini camp at DB have been from House and Rollins.

It would be nice if Rollins could develop; Randall's gotten the most criticism and the most praise, but Rollins was a second round pick - that's a big investment in a guy who seems too slow to start and not saavy enough to get around his limitations.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Waters has another thing going for him. An ex UM wide receiver making the trans to CB, just like Sam Shields. Whitt did a brilliant job of teaching Sammy the job. Maybe he can catch lightning in a bottle again with Waters.

Randall and Rollins are solid athletes, but both of them get lost at times. I know Joe has gone over this a million times with 'em, but they both need to work on their pre-snap mechanics. Our two best CB's in pre-snap Gunter and House. They both really concentrate on their pre-snap set-up. Maybe Joe can pour some STP gas treatment in Gunter's tank and get him some more speed.

Gunter with more speed is a 1st round pick. But he's not going to gain a step overnight. He's at his physical limits.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Gunter with more speed is a 1st round pick. But he's not going to gain a step overnight. He's at his physical limits.