Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sherman on the block

CutlerquitRat HOFer

Sherman on the block

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ichard-sherman

Would love it and would trade this years 1st and next year 3rd for him.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Trading a 1st and a 3rd for a CB on the decline that will have cap hits of $13.6M and $13.2M over the next two years?

No way.
    I am better looking than you.

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post
    Trading a 1st and a 3rd for a CB on the decline that will have cap hits of $13.6M and $13.2M over the next two years?

No way.
    Yeah, no reason to get better on defense right NOW. Much better to take the bigger gamble on Ted's shitty ability to draft decent defensive players and take the time for them to not develop. Sherman is still damn good and would be playing with a bigger chip than normal. This defense needs some attitude like what he would bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Yeah, no reason to get better on defense right NOW. Much better to take the bigger gamble on Ted's shitty ability to draft decent defensive players and take the time for them to not develop. Sherman is still damn good and would be playing with a bigger chip than normal. This defense needs some attitude like what he would bring.
    Doing that would be mortgaging the future of the team. No thanks.

Taking on that cap hit leaves not much left next year for a Davante Adams extension (remember how many people wanted him cut from the team last year? Remind you of anyone this year? Maybe a Damarious Randall perhaps? Draft & develop works.) We also have Rodgers next contract, CLinton-Dix, etc. to worry about.

Man I'm glad you guys are not in charge.

We would have no draft picks and our team would be made up of people you see on ESPN Classic.

But we would have playmakers, am I right? Ted never drafts those.
    I am better looking than you.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Doing that would be mortgaging the future of the team. No thanks.

Taking on that cap hit leaves not much left next year for a Davante Adams extension (remember how many people wanted him cut from the team last year? Remind you of anyone this year? Maybe a Damarious Randall perhaps? Draft & develop works.) We also have Rodgers next contract, CLinton-Dix, etc. to worry about.

We would have no draft picks and our team would be made up of people you see on ESPN Classic.

But we would have playmakers, am I right? Ted never drafts those.
    Everyone would want the talent of a Richard Sherman on the back-end of the defense. Fans want results, I get it. They see windows of opportunity closing and want quick, talented fixes for what ails the team. That said, if they make that kind of a cap commitment to Sherman and he gets hurt (I hear hammy injuries are all the rage), then we have gone to Byrdland (Jairus style). Then we have an expensive player who is not contributing and as you mention, that does not help the signing of future deals. We all want the defense to play better, more consistently, but we don't all agree on what we think the team should do to fix the issues. Good luck with injuries would be a nice start.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

with Rodgers' window closing (and the chances of getting a third outstanding qb being slim to none) i've advocated mortgaging the future to win now. let the next gm fix it later with the ever increasing yearly cap...but...not for this guy. i don't like the guy for his calling out coaches and his 'i'm bigger than the team' attitude. he will divide a locker room quickly. that's why he's on the block. he's got two years left but he's clearly on decline too. so...no.

The Washington Redskins?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    with Rodgers' window closing (and the chances of getting a third outstanding qb being slim to none) i've advocated mortgaging the future to win now. let the next gm fix it later with the ever increasing yearly cap...but...not for this guy. i don't like the guy for his calling out coaches and his 'i'm bigger than the team' attitude. he will divide a locker room quickly. that's why he's on the block. he's got two years left but he's clearly on decline too. so...no.
    Is Rodgers 37 or 32? Do you want 2 years of opportunity or 5-7? I want talent for the duration of Rodgers tenure, not just 2 years and you are right about Sherman on the decline.

No way.
    Gotta go with this. Sherman still has speed and skills, but got burned a couple of times in critical situations this past season. Too big a check to write.

But maybe, just maybe, Dom and his staff could capitalize on his remaining strengths?

Waiting for the return volley, from, well....whomever.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Is Rodgers 37 or 32? Do you want 2 years of opportunity or 5-7? I want talent for the duration of Rodgers tenure, not just 2 years and you are right about Sherman on the decline.
    i'm not saying go nuts, but for the next 5 years do whatever it takes and live with the consequences later. the way the cap jumps every year it's not like it would be horribly painful to fix later on anyway. my biggest concern is Rodgers getting to the point that he quits out of frustration. you ready to have randy wright 2.0 more sooner than later?

The Seahawks may be interested in trading Sherman. However, I doubt they're looking to trade him to the Packers or any of their other principal NFC rivals.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/se...on-both-sides/

Sherman ranked 10th among all cornerbacks last season, according to Pro Football Focus, though it’s worth pointing out that he earned the lowest pass-coverage grade of his career. In fact, his pass-coverage grades have declined the past three seasons. Again, this is all relative; Sherman ranked 15th in pass coverage in 2016, just behind Marcus Peters and Patrick Peterson.
    He's still good, but probably declining. If he were the player he used to be, I doubt the Seahawks would be looking to move him. Right now Raiders would be the most likely place for him to be traded to.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    i'm not saying go nuts, but for the next 5 years do whatever it takes and live with the consequences later. the way the cap jumps every year it's not like it would be horribly painful to fix later on anyway. my biggest concern is Rodgers getting to the point that he quits out of frustration. you ready to have randy wright 2.0 more sooner than later?
    Nothing I've ever heard from AR suggests he's going to quit bc of frustration. Even his all-in comments at seasons end were suggestively positive. "We just have to make sure....". And just recently he talked up Brady and his workout regiment to stay healthy. If AR can stay healthy he'll play, imo.

Now don't get me wrong, I want a positive attitude from AR while he plays. But as long as TT is active in FA (which nobody can say he hasn't been, this off season), I think that'll keep AR happy. His all-in comment seems to have woken TT. Bc let's be honest, teams can't go all-in every year by definition. You can argue spending every last dime every season, but even AR knows some of that money is going to his next contract and Davante's etc, so its not realistic. As long as TT continues to utilize FA like he has done this off season, AR will be happy and hopefully play well into his 40s.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Nothing I've ever heard from AR suggests he's going to quit bc of frustration. Even his all-in comments at seasons end were suggestively positive. "We just have to make sure....". And just recently he talked up Brady and his workout regiment to stay healthy. If AR can stay healthy he'll play, imo.

Now don't get me wrong, I want a positive attitude from AR while he plays. But as long as TT is active in FA (which nobody can say he hasn't been, this off season), I think that'll keep AR happy. His all-in comment seems to have woken TT. Bc let's be honest, teams can't go all-in every year by definition. You can argue spending every last dime every season, but even AR knows some of that money is going to his next contract and Davante's etc, so its not realistic. As long as TT continues to utilize FA like he has done this off season, AR will be happy and hopefully play well into his 40s.
    he hasn't...but his all-in was a warning.
    like i said...i'm not saying go nuts.
    all he's done is plug holes he created with similar players. the team hasn't got better...yet.

maybe the draft will help.

I'm thinking it wouldn't take anywhere near a #1 plus a #3 to get Sherman. Older high quality players like him, especially at positions where it doesn't take much to diminish quality of play like Corner, usually for a single mid round draft pick. I'd like to see the Packers give a #3 or #4 for him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

A #2 would be the correct value here. No more.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

he hasn't...but his all-in was a warning.
    like i said...i'm not saying go nuts.
    all he's done is plug holes he created with similar players. the team hasn't got better...yet.

maybe the draft will help.
    He is already OK with the approach, even before the attempt to sign more Ego.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde Mar 24
    On @WildeAndTausch: Aaron Rodgers tells @EvanDaniels #Packers fans "should be really excited." Are you, based on how the offseason's gone?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
    Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin reportedly arrested again, this time for possible parole violation
    https://t.co/4TApfTgYed

Hundley for Sherman!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin reportedly arrested again, this time for possible parole violation

Hundley for Sherman!
    hahahaha Good Idea. If history repeats with Hundley, eventually, we will either lose him as a free agent or get too little for him - a mid round pick maybe. So a trade like this would make sense. Just the same, it's a long shot, and I doubt it happens.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

He is already OK with the approach, even before the attempt to sign more Ego.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde Mar 24
    On @WildeAndTausch: Aaron Rodgers tells @EvanDaniels #Packers fans "should be really excited." Are you, based on how the offseason's gone?
    he was obviously speaking for the o side of the ball.

Blog Entries

Hundley for Sherman!

We all know Ted Thompson valued draft picks more than his own children so forget that idea

How about a practical one.

Would we trade Randall Cobb for Richard Sherman ? Seattle sucks at WR; we suck at CB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?