Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sherman on the block

nm
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I just can't see Seattle trading Sherman to us even with Schneider as their GM. They sure as hell don't want us to improve our defense seeing they will have to play us sometime in the postseason. I suspect they'll trade him to an AFC team outside of NE. The latest rumor is Buffalo is an interested party.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We all know Ted Thompson valued draft picks more than his own children so forget that idea

How about a practical one.

Would we trade Randall Cobb for Richard Sherman ? Seattle sucks at WR; we suck at CB
    they don't want a big salary. they'd want someone young in their first contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ichard-sherman

Would love it and would trade this years 1st and next year 3rd for him.
    If you ever get a GM job I want a job with another team.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You sorry little bitches. Wouldn't want sherman at his best and even less now that he is on the decline. Besides he would get flagged for something every play in the Packers defense.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    He is three times better in his decline than our CBs are at their theoretical top end. Our 1st round picks suck donkey balls and we need NFL CBs not the pieces of shit we have. Sick of this team being ok to good. Davante Adams is replaceable and unless they get Cobb to take a reduction, should be allowed to walk and make the blockbuster deal.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-sea...e-suitors-more

I was close on the asking price and probably right on considering they would be trading to a rival. 29 years old and an elite corner that really isn't making that much. Make the damn deal.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

He's team oriented alright:

It's probably a combination of factors, but at the top of the list is that Sherman's sideline blowups last year clearly didn't sit well with Carroll. In Week 6, Sherman got into it with defensive coordinator Kris Richard after the Seahawks blew a coverage, and teammates had to rally around Sherman to calm him down.

In Week 15, Sherman questioned a decision to pass from the Los Angeles Rams' 1-yard line and went after Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. Afterward, Sherman justified his actions by referencing Russell Wilson's game-ending interception in Super Bowl XLIX.

"I was letting [Carroll] know. We've already seen how that goes," Sherman said at the time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He's team oriented alright:
    damn...who said that? i said he was a locker room divider for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    More like he had the balls to say what everybody was already thinking.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Wasn't replying to anyone. Just read that in the ESPN writeup. He's a wee bit volatile. Packers probably would not have a problem with it, but he's more outspoken and public than Woodson.

Bleacher Report‏ @BleacherReport
    Seahawks dropping their asking price for Richard Sherman, per @MikeGarafolo http://ble.ac/2owyY79

Mike Garafolo of NFL Network said Tuesday the team is looking for a "first-round pick and another mid-round pick." Last week, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reported the Seahawks were hoping for "a very good player plus a high draft pick."
    There seems to be some confusion in this report. Garafolo says he has heard the price has not changed. Others are saying it has dropped, but its not clear to what.

I tend to lean to side that it isn't changing as this guy is normally pretty accurate:

Tom Pelissero of USA Today reported a deal could be equivalent to what the Tampa Bay Buccaneers gave up in 2013 for Darrelle Revis: the No. 13 overall pick and a conditional fourth-rounder.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-11-2017 at 04:40 PM.

when it gets down to just a first, then i might be interested

Ted would never trade a high pick for a player... he never has, he never will.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Ted would never trade a high pick for a player... he never has, he never will.
    Didn't Ted give up a late round draft pick for Ryan Grant one year ?

I agree though; Ted won't give picks.

COBB for SHERMAN ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Trade a guy from a position TT knows how to draft for a guy from a position TT has mixed success drafting?

Maybe.

But then, why not trade the wide receivers for d-linemen, whom Ted can't pick for beans?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

cap space as of today...$21,337,861.00 11th most in the league.

cap space as of today...$21,337,861.00 11th most in the league.
    What did they spend $2 million on in the last week?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What did they spend $2 million on in the last week?
    don't know. got info here. they got it from overthecap.com.

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-cap-space-1/

Geronimo signed on Friday. Couldn't be $2m but is a part of it.