Thread: "MCGINN"---- 2017 DRAFT OUTLOOK

Blog Entries

"MCGINN"---- 2017 DRAFT OUTLOOK

[url]http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/03/04/2016-nfl-draft-outlook/98698342/[/url
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Another interesting FYI on STATE PROSPECTS

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...cts/100464900/
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    T.J. WATT, OLB, Wisconsin (6-4½, 251, 4.67): Played at Pewaukee. Moved from TE to LB in 2015 after sitting out 2013-'14 with major knee injuries. Played effectively off the bench in 2015 before exploding in ’16 with 11 1/2 sacks. “He’s more of a ‘Sam’ or 3-4 outside linebacker,” said one scout. “He’s physical, tough. He tested out well. Plays hard.” Another scout called him the best LB in the draft. “I gave him a higher grade than his brother (J.J.),” he said. “All he does is make plays. He’s Clay Matthews. Probably more explosive. I guess he’s learned pass-rush techniques from his brother. Uses his hands well.” Paced LBs at the combine in vertical jump (37), broad jump (10-8), short shuttle (4.13), three-cone (6.79) and hand size (11). “Needs to play with more strength and base,” a third scout said. “On the ground too much.” Projection: Top-40 pick.

Blog Entries
    I LIKE BIEGEL TOO

VINCE BIEGEL, OLB, Wisconsin (6-3, 245, 4.69): Played at Wisconsin Rapids. Started 40 of 54 games. “He’ll be a good pro,” one scout said. “Fourth round, maybe third. I don’t see him as a starter but I see a good role player.” Redshirted in 2012 because of a foot injury, backed up in ’13 and started last three years. Finished with 191 tackles (39½) for loss and 21½ sacks. “High-effort guy,” said another scout. “I didn’t think he was that good of an athlete. I saw him on the ground a lot. His pass-rush production was due more to effort and technique than skill. Overachiever.” Vertical jump of 33½, broad jump of 9-10, 21 reps on the bench and scored 23 on the Wonderlic intelligence test. Projection: Third- to fourth-round pick.