Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracy Porter?

Tracy Porter?

The Bears have released Porter. Is he worth a look?

He played okay, not great, for the Bears. Not sure if the Packers are in the market for another veteran CB after signing House.

He played pretty well against the Packers, but apparently not that well against everybody else. Still, he was the best Corner on a team that was not overly good in the front seven. Apparently man coverage is his thing, which is a good thing. He was cut as a salary cap thing after playing with injuries. All things considered, I'd give him a try with very little guaranteed money. I doubt very much it happens, though.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Sign him and trade for Sherman...boom secondary fixed with young guys backing them up.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Sign him and trade for Sherman...boom secondary fixed with young guys backing them up.
    While I agree with signing Tracy Porter, Sherman depends on what they expect in trade. If cost efficient then this would solve the secondary problem.

No.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Nope

Nein

Does that mean the 3 of you above think getting Sherman cheaply enough (which is highly unlikely to happen) would NOT solve the secondary problems? I have to go with Upnorth on this one by a wide margin.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Porter is not good enough to start for the Saints (terrible defense) and the Bears (terrible defense).

If he offered upside, they would have redone the contract (Bears would have anyway). He is done.

Sherman's draft pick cost is too high right now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Porter is not good enough to start for the Saints (terrible defense) and the Bears (terrible defense).

If he offered upside, they would have redone the contract (Bears would have anyway). He is done.

Someone suggested a trade for cobb. We replace cobb with a tt second rounder superstar (he finds wr gold in the second. ) Helps alieviate shermans salary cap issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I'm not saying Porter is any good, but your argument is null. The majority of starters on the Packers D wouldn't start for most other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I'm not saying Porter is any good, but your argument is null. The majority of starters on the Packers D wouldn't start for most other teams.
    But that is literally the point. The Saints and Bears were as bad in the backend. Porter was not a starter on a better pass D.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-12-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Someone suggested a trade for cobb. We replace cobb with a tt second rounder superstar (he finds wr gold in the second. ) Helps alieviate shermans salary cap issues.

THAT WAS ME

We all know Ted will give his kids away before draft picks so I thought it would be worth considering.

Doubtful Ted will want to pay big bucks to Adams, Jordy, and Cobb at once for too long so it also helps that situation.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    THAT WAS ME

We all know Ted will give his kids away before draft picks so I thought it would be worth considering.

Doubtful Ted will want to pay big bucks to Adams, Jordy, and Cobb at once for too long so it also helps that situation.
    Apparently Marshawn Lynch is willing to play for whatever team trades for Sherman, or the fore mentioned Raiders. Heard it on the radio so I don't have a source. I'd be willing to give up Cobb for Sherman if its a 2 for 1 deal and Beast Mode comes along for the ride. I don't know about the money aspect of the deals, but I agree with Bretsky. Adams is gonna need money and not sure there is enough for 3 $9-$10 mil per year WRs on the team.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

We have seen peak Cobb, I'm not convinced peak adams is worse. I would do it

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Now Twitter has Seattle trading Marshawn to Oakland.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    We have seen peak Cobb, I'm not convinced peak adams is worse. I would do it
    If Adams stays at his currently play level he's at least as good as Cobb. He might actually jump again this year. Cobb is what he is. A good WR who got paid like a very good one.

Nobody bitched about the contract Cobb signed back in the day. Cobb's problem lately is health. Also, he might appear to be overpaid because Jordy is underpaid.

I don't begrudge the man getting paid. I think he's paid a tier above his career production, but Rodgers loves him so you pay the man. My thinking is you can pay someone a lot less and not drop down very far in production.

I still don't want Porter, and I'm not sold on Sherman. Usually head cases get crazier as they get older, not better.