Bretsky, I'm going to whine a little bit here, then agree with something else you've said before.

So, the whining: I am tired of the Packers having "very solid pro" kind of guys, like Micah Hyde (I am actually glad he's gone) or Mike Neal or Letroy Guion or Jake Ryan or fill-in-the-blank. Even Clay Matthews is slumping into a "very solid pro." Would anyone call him a great player any more?

This team needs a star, needs a difference-maker. Can JJ Watt be that guy, do you think?

Okay, moving on - you've said before that TT can't seem to transform his defenses into top-ten powerhouses that can win you a SB. And there was a good article in the JSO on just that - how TT has used lots of draft resources (and he's even signed guys here and there, like Peppers) but he misses and misses and misses on them. Don't get me wrong, some of them can play - but they tend to be either just-okay guys or maybe that "solid pro" who is above average. But man, we all know that a defense needs playmakers, and Ted cannot seem to find those guys very well. Sure, it's hard for anyone to do, but some teams seem to build better defenses than Ted does without investing so many high-round draft picks, or if they do, those picks pay off.

I'm tired of watching our defenses get torn up, other teams going up and down the field freely. The stout defensive performances (the Seattle NFC championship game) are the exceptions, and they are few and far between. There are many, many more memories of teams abusing a helpless Green Bay defense - the Falcons and Cowboys this season, back to Colin Kaepernick and company doing anything they wanted. Good God, the Packer defense just can never seem to get off the field, and I am sick of that.