Thread: "DRAFT UNLIKELY TO PROVIDE HELP THE PACKERS NEED"........GUESS THE WRITER ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stupid article. Packers aren't a winner in the 1st month of the offseason? No shit. Are the Packers EVER a winner in the 1st month of the offseason? Yet almost every year they're among the league's elite. The Packers don't sign a free agent for every free agent lost. They don't expect several rookies to come in and replace veterans. They develop players. That's what they do. That's why they can release an aging Josh Sitton and still have a good offensive line. History would suggest they'll also be able to replace Lang. I don't know by who. Training camp will determine that. They haven't adequately replaced Sam Shields and Eddie Lacy? When they made their playoff run last year, they didn't HAVE Sam Shields and Eddie Lacy. They don't need to replace them. They were already gone.

I don't have a crystal ball. I don't know who exactly who will step up. I would say though that that Ty Montgomery, Randall, Rollins, Clark, Fackrell, Kyle Murphy and Trevor Davis are good candidates. And they might even get contributions from a rookie or 2. History is on the Packers side, no matter what the writer of this article thinks.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Stupid article. Packers aren't a winner in the 1st month of the offseason? No shit. Are the Packers EVER a winner in the 1st month of the offseason? Yet almost every year they're among the league's elite. The Packers don't sign a free agent for every free agent lost. They don't expect several rookies to come in and replace veterans. They develop players. That's what they do. That's why they can release an aging Josh Sitton and still have a good offensive line. History would suggest they'll also be able to replace Lang. I don't know by who. Training camp will determine that. They haven't adequately replaced Sam Shields and Eddie Lacy? When they made their playoff run last year, they didn't HAVE Sam Shields and Eddie Lacy. They don't need to replace them. They were already gone.

I don't have a crystal ball. I don't know who exactly who will step up. I would say though that that Ty Montgomery, Randall, Rollins, Clark, Fackrell, Kyle Murphy and Trevor Davis are good candidates. And they might even get contributions from a rookie or 2. History is on the Packers side, no matter what the writer of this article thinks.
    Preach it Joe! That's how draft and develop systems are supposed to work. They aren't without faults though. But no system is.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Well put Joe. Covered everything I was thinking when I read the article. I'll add one caveat. We start the season with fuckdoggle at guard, but around halftime of game 3 or 4 we end up with spriggs in the game. My gut reaction is that he plays RT and Bulaga moves in, but he might just end up playing G the rest of the way. Not his position, but it can work for a season.

At RB we are going to draft someone withing 3 rounds. He will be stellar. Paired with Monty we will all be hailing Teddy Genius for not signing Fat Eddie. Everyone will forget that we called RB a hole.

At CB we will also draft someone. My gut tells me a healthy Randall really steps up in season 3. By not requiring Gunther to mirror Juilo Jones the entire secondary will look much better. In a deep CB draft we will be better, but still wanting for a Shields type #1 CB.

Pass Rush is my fear. I'm not sold on anyone on the Roster other than Perry. Its also low % to think you can draft for that and be successful. I'm praying that TT either trades up or catches lightning and someone slips. We need more pressure on the passer and I don't have a guess where its coming from.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

None of those guys is an impact player... or even potentially an impact player - that's the problem.

I like Monty as a roll player, but all the rest of those guys are JAGS.

Rodgers carries the whole team... tough to win championships with just one legit star player. We're good enough offensively with Rodgers and the supporting cast, but the defense has no identity, and a sub-par coordinator. Ted, and the Packers as an organization, simply don't get "it" when it comes to defense. Unfortunately, that isn't going to change for the foreseeable future.
    wist