Thread: "DRAFT UNLIKELY TO PROVIDE HELP THE PACKERS NEED"........GUESS THE WRITER ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We've gone 11 posts on this page, not to mention that article, many of them discussing edge rushers, and not one mention of Clay Matthews. He still is the best we've got when healthy, better than Perry, better than the two we lost, better than the two young replacements. I say that to point out that we don't really have a gaping hole at edge rusher. Of course it also demonstrates the fact that it's been a long time since we picked up a real difference maker - at all on defense, at all on the team.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    We've gone 11 posts on this page, not to mention that article, many of them discussing edge rushers, and not one mention of Clay Matthews. He still is the best we've got when healthy, better than Perry, better than the two we lost, better than the two young replacements. I say that to point out that we don't really have a gaping hole at edge rusher. Of course it also demonstrates the fact that it's been a long time since we picked up a real difference maker - at all on defense, at all on the team.
    we have 2 edge rushers

both have been extremely injury prone over their entire careers

add to that the idea that injuries, age, or just being off the juice has caught up with clay, and he's a fraction of the player he was early in his career

also

clay played 46% of the defensive snaps

perry played 58.6

datone played 53.26

and peppers played 56.75

we basically had 4 starters splitting time at OLB last year

it was a clear rotation of players that we no longer have anymore. any clay standing on the sideline late in big games for years now should be enough proof that he can't play anywhere close to a full game

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    When healthy, yes, CM3 is our best edge rusher. That is the rub, tho. Clay has had issues staying healthy the past couple of seasons. I fully expect Ted to draft an EDGE guy because you can't have enough of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I fully expect Ted to draft an EDGE guy because you can't have enough of those.
    Seriously, never ever ever can you have too many pass rushers now. If you can hit the QB on 35-40% of his dropbacks, you're going to win a lot of football games.