Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "DRAFT UNLIKELY TO PROVIDE HELP THE PACKERS NEED"........GUESS THE WRITER ??

Didn't the Pats draft Jamie Collins about 20 picks after Ted picked up Datone Jones?

Look, Ted saw something others didn't see with that kid from USC back in the day, and he traded up to get him. That guy was, before the injuries and age hit, a difference-maker. I think the Packers need two big difference makers in this draft, on defense, to make this a go-to-the-Superbowl year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

if they do get that kit adoree jackson they sure as hell better not use him as a kr/pr...except once in a while if a spark is needed. don't want a starting cb getting hurt returning a kick/punt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Didn't the Pats draft Jamie Collins about 20 picks after Ted picked up Datone Jones?

Look, Ted saw something others didn't see with that kid from USC back in the day, and he traded up to get him. That guy was, before the injuries and age hit, a difference-maker. I think the Packers need two big difference makers in this draft, on defense, to make this a go-to-the-Superbowl year.

BOOM
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bretsky, I'm going to whine a little bit here, then agree with something else you've said before.

So, the whining: I am tired of the Packers having "very solid pro" kind of guys, like Micah Hyde (I am actually glad he's gone) or Mike Neal or Letroy Guion or Jake Ryan or fill-in-the-blank. Even Clay Matthews is slumping into a "very solid pro." Would anyone call him a great player any more?

This team needs a star, needs a difference-maker. Can JJ Watt be that guy, do you think?

Okay, moving on - you've said before that TT can't seem to transform his defenses into top-ten powerhouses that can win you a SB. And there was a good article in the JSO on just that - how TT has used lots of draft resources (and he's even signed guys here and there, like Peppers) but he misses and misses and misses on them. Don't get me wrong, some of them can play - but they tend to be either just-okay guys or maybe that "solid pro" who is above average. But man, we all know that a defense needs playmakers, and Ted cannot seem to find those guys very well. Sure, it's hard for anyone to do, but some teams seem to build better defenses than Ted does without investing so many high-round draft picks, or if they do, those picks pay off.

I'm tired of watching our defenses get torn up, other teams going up and down the field freely. The stout defensive performances (the Seattle NFC championship game) are the exceptions, and they are few and far between. There are many, many more memories of teams abusing a helpless Green Bay defense - the Falcons and Cowboys this season, back to Colin Kaepernick and company doing anything they wanted. Good God, the Packer defense just can never seem to get off the field, and I am sick of that.
    JJ Watt is tenacious; and he's a very good athlete. He breathes the game of football and his intensity is second to none. I'm not sure he's going to be a star, but I think he'll be a very good pass rusher and LB in the NFL. His upside and relentless ambition could lead to him being a star.

Ted has failed our defense over and over. He needs to get things right this year or AROD will continue to get us to the playoffs while Ted's failures continue to get us bounced
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I don't think we're getting JJ Watt any time soon but will be fine if TJ Watt becomes a Packer in a few weeks. Think he's just what the doctor ordered for this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    BOOM
    Revisionist history is fun. Didn't the Cardinal pick Hiney Badger 17 pcks after Jamie Collins? The Jets could have had LeVeon Bell but picked Gene Smith.

I don't think the Eagles will find a trading partner with those salary numbers. Wait for the Eagles to release Kendricks and then try to sign him. Pay him less money and keep the draft pick.