I woulda guessed McGinn. Oates isn't usually a negativist, is he?

I like Joe's "article" a lot more than Oates's.

Oates says RB is a gaping hole after losing Lacy? No way. I will stop short (just barely short) of saying it was addition by subtraction losing Lacy, but Montgomery, Michael, Ripkowski, and Crockett are plenty even if we don't get draft help. I like Ripkowski as a change of pace power runner actually better than Lacy.

True, Guard is sorta a gaping hole, but it takes a year or two usually to have an O Lineman develop. Spriggs at RT and Bulaga for Lang would seem to be adequate at least, maybe even an upgrade. Anyway, our O Line benefits greatly from the mobility of Aaron Rodgers, and I predict whoever we use, they will thrive for that reason - just look at Lane Taylor.

Corner may be a gaping hole, but that was already true last season, and the team wasn't too far from the top. As has been said many times, the draft is strong in that area, and there is at least some chance Randall - who I'm negative on - as well as Gunter - who I like better than most people - and Rollins - who may or may not have more potential than any of the others - will come through. Remember a year ago? Everybody was saying Corner was a Packer strength.

And Edge Rusher a gaping hole because of losing Peppers and Datone? Losing Datone definitely will be addition by subtraction. My guy, Jayrone Elliot, is much better, and Fackrell just might be also. Peppers still had his moments, but they were so spotty that no way it's a gaping hole with him gone.