Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
Stupid article. Packers aren't a winner in the 1st month of the offseason? No shit. Are the Packers EVER a winner in the 1st month of the offseason? Yet almost every year they're among the league's elite. The Packers don't sign a free agent for every free agent lost. They don't expect several rookies to come in and replace veterans. They develop players. That's what they do. That's why they can release an aging Josh Sitton and still have a good offensive line. History would suggest they'll also be able to replace Lang. I don't know by who. Training camp will determine that. They haven't adequately replaced Sam Shields and Eddie Lacy? When they made their playoff run last year, they didn't HAVE Sam Shields and Eddie Lacy. They don't need to replace them. They were already gone.

I don't have a crystal ball. I don't know who exactly who will step up. I would say though that that Ty Montgomery, Randall, Rollins, Clark, Fackrell, Kyle Murphy and Trevor Davis are good candidates. And they might even get contributions from a rookie or 2. History is on the Packers side, no matter what the writer of this article thinks.
Preach it Joe! That's how draft and develop systems are supposed to work. They aren't without faults though. But no system is.