Thread: BJ Raji

BJ Raji

Curious if anybody has heard anything on BJ coming back this year as I haven't been able to find much of anything? Given Guion's suspension and the overall lack of depth, wondering if BJ makes a comeback this year and provides the DL a big boost?

I would think the Packers would have some inkling prior to the draft and thus we might have a better idea of where things stand depending on if they draft any prospects.

Thoughts?
    60% of the time it works every time.

I asked this a couple months back. Consensus was he was not going to be back and no one has heard anything that I am aware of.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

"Retired NT B.J. Raji has no plans to resume his career in 2017.

Raji hung up his cleats last March to help take care of his sick mother and aunt. That remains his priority. Four months shy of his 31st birthday, it's looking unlikely we ever see Raji back on an NFL field." Mar 2 - 6:47 PM

Source: ESPN.com

Thanks for the updates. Was wishful in thinking he might come back this year.
    60% of the time it works every time.

What for, though? So the Packers can have another "solid" lumbering body in the middle? That act is so old to me now - this team needs players who can tear it up. They have all the "solid pros" they need. What they need are a couple of beasts, a couple of difference-makers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What for, though? So the Packers can have another "solid" lumbering body in the middle? That act is so old to me now - this team needs players who can tear it up. They have all the "solid pros" they need. What they need are a couple of beasts, a couple of difference-makers.
    There was nothing wrong with Raji. His pass rush disappeared as he got older, that is not unheard of. And he played out of position while Pickett was on the team.

I also think you are discounting Clark too soon.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Right, Fritz. We need Wayne Simmons 2.0 and a shutdown corner.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There was nothing wrong with Raji. His pass rush disappeared as he got older, that is not unheard of. And he played out of position while Pickett was on the team.

I also think you are discounting Clark too soon.
    I am not discounting Clark. He could be that playmaker in the middle. I'm just saying more "solid pros" is not what this team needs any more.

I do think we need the next Wayne Simmons on the outside. That's the kind of player I'm talking about - a difference maker.

At corner, they had Shields, but injuries short-circuited his career. Now they need a new shutdown corner. Cumby is right - we need more Wayne Simmonses, not more George Cumbys.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I am not discounting Clark. He could be that playmaker in the middle. I'm just saying more "solid pros" is not what this team needs any more.

I do think we need the next Wayne Simmons on the outside. That's the kind of player I'm talking about - a difference maker.

At corner, they had Shields, but injuries short-circuited his career. Now they need a new shutdown corner. Cumby is right - we need more Wayne Simmonses, not more George Cumbys.
    Lol. Well played, Fritz, well played indeed.

Raji will never be back thankfully.

How big is the BJ now?
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    I was turned off by Raji after really watching each contract year and listening to the Packer reporters.

Nobody seemed surprise when he walked away. Didn't seem to love the game and just wanted big money. When it wasn't offered he walked.

Had anybody offered Raji a few bucks more he'd have left GB sooner
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?