Thread: "PACKERS 1ST ROUND FOCUS ON DEFENSE FAILS TO PAY OFF"...........Guess the Writer ??

Blog Entries

"PACKERS 1ST ROUND FOCUS ON DEFENSE FAILS TO PAY OFF"...........Guess the Writer ??

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Did they give McGinn and Cohen the boot? That Nagler guy might as well be my neighbor, recording videos on his backyard patio. Also, am I the only person who does NOT want to stare at pasty faced strangers giving/having interviews over their crappy phones?

I actually agree with a chunk of the article, although I find it interesting that they chose to go with comparing with Denver and NE instead of the NYJ. Also, the Jets have had much higher draft position than GB, so maybe they have more reason to complain?
    Injuries will derail a season or a career.

Blog Entries
    We light up McGinn like he's the devil, but there are writers all over making similar points
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We light up McGinn like he's the devil, but there are writers all over making similar points
    Ah, so you were starting this thread to troll certain posters.

I agree with the premise. We have spent a lot of draft picks on D recently and haven't gotten a lot in return so far.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

One could only hope that Cohen got the boot.

That goober needs to go back to writing for high school newspapers
    I am better looking than you.

The article is fine. They haven't got a blockbuster D out of those draft picks. Nothing like the 49ers had after 10 years of drafting in the Top 10.

But the article doesn't mention that the Defense, despite several high visibility meltdowns, has actually outperformed the Offense in several of the last few playoffs.

The problem is the variability.

At times, the unit has performed near expectations for such an investment. The fantastic start last year was probably not sustainable, but CB and ILB injuries took that defense apart in quick order. I am far more disappointed in the depth than I am in the first round draft picks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This is a great time to withold judgement for one more year. CBs should take a step, ILB both still young. Not sure who we draft, but I could see this D improving a lot. Of course that means they will only be average if they do.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

OK let me try it in this thread... MM says dunderdummy is a coaching God, and Ted needs to be fired??
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    OK let me try it in this thread... MM says dunderdummy is a coaching God, and Ted needs to be fired??
    Dom is no genius neither is Ted. Can you agree with that ?

I'd say Capers is damn near a genius - or at least a defensive football savant. His defenses do more with less than just about any D Coordinator.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'd say Capers is damn near a genius - or at least a defensive football savant. His defenses do more with less than just about any D Coordinator.
    Then Ted needs to be fired for failing to provide talent??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Dom is no genius neither is Ted. Can you agree with that ?
    Apparently, lol...

One thing is for sure, Rodgers career will be largely wasted in terms of team success, and no one will be held accountable.
    wist

You've convinced me. I'm going to stop watching the Packers. I don't want to follow something that gives me so much displeasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You've convinced me. I'm going to stop watching the Packers. I don't want to follow something that gives me so much displeasure.
    Like I said about you homers 12 years ago... 10-6 is fine for u. Whereas I want to win championships.

We just have different expectations.
    wist

Like I said about you homers 12 years ago... 10-6 is fine for u. Whereas I want to win championships.

We just have different expectations.
    You can call me a homer all you want, but you like being angry. You thrive on it. You would hate to be a Patriots fan, because your anger would be harder to direct. You'd have to buy a dog to kick.

If at the beginning of the season you told me we would tie up the all time bear series, score the first ever touchdown in the birdhouse, beat the lions in week 17 for nfc north championship, take the all time lead in the Dallas playoff series and make the nfc championship game I would take that as a win. That is close to a perfect season

You can call me a homer all you want, but you like being angry. You thrive on it. You would hate to be a Patriots fan, because your anger would be harder to direct. You'd have to buy a dog to kick.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hkw-qYEWQ

You really are quite emotional, aren't you
    wist

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hkw-qYEWQ

You really are quite emotional, aren't you
    Quite the opposite. I just want you to admit you have a problem and get some help. This is a safe place Wisty. We're all friends here.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quite the opposite. I just want you to admit you have a problem and get some help. This is a safe place Wisty. We're all friends here.
    Trust tree
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    If at the beginning of the season you told me we would tie up the all time bear series, score the first ever touchdown in the birdhouse, beat the lions in week 17 for nfc north championship, take the all time lead in the Dallas playoff series and make the nfc championship game I would take that as a win. That is close to a perfect season
    Unfortunately for some - and I'm not just talking about people here, I see these kinds of posts on other Packers forums - are not happy unless the Packers win the SB. Anything less than that as long as we have #12 is unacceptable.