Thread: 2017 PackerRats Fantasy Mock Draft

2017 PackerRats Fantasy Mock Draft

Mods, please sticky this thread, and remove the PackerRats Fantasy Football sticky. Thanks.

What I love about the draft (and I do this too) is that the evergreen sense of optimism always returns despite the dead solid certainty of disappointment.

1. Hyped about next draft, lotta new unknown players, get some favorites lined up (TJ Watt already there in December)
    2. Because you are no better than NFL teams, your faves bust out at same 50% rate. At a minimum.
    3. Immediately forget what you got wrong*
    4. Focus on another calamity not of your making
    5. Focus on one great prediction you were hip to
    6. Blast home team for being dumb and getting 50% of picks wrong
    7. Tell tale of malfeasance that might have some basis in fact
    8. Blame problems on non-specific, non-falsifiable character flaw (ego)
    9. Make the case for 3/4 of the year that your team stinks at player acquisition
    10. Get hyped about the next draft
    11. Lather, rinse, repeat

*unless you liked Chad Jackson, Odell Thurman or whoever you wanted instead of Nick Collins.

Well, no more living on selective memory.

Somehow somewhere, we are going to have a PackerRats 2017 Fantasy Draft Challenge.

You won't be predicting teams' selection or an entire round, you will be making selections for your own theoretical team.

However many signup, that is the extent of the draft (maybe, if there is an automatic option we go with computer teams to get a reasonable number).

I will invent a grading system. The "season" will last three years. Points awarded for making team, starting, being active or actually playing. Plus bonus for Pro Bowl, All Pro, etc.

Penalized for not being drafted, cut or on PS. Probably penalize or injury because Ted and you need to learn a lesson.

Probably want to draft at least half as many prospects as the actual draft.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I am in

Good idea. I'll play. Wish we could make it for a few dollars. Like $20 per person. Would give me motivation to play hard.

A decided lack of interest from all you so called draft experts.

C'mon you pantywaists, sign up!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I would be interested in something like this. I might be able to find a couple of other drafters if we need slots filled before going the computer route. So the teams that we draft, are we drafting positions and backups, creating a regular team, or can we draft as many players at any position we want?
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

I'm in.

Only 4 contestants so far, but lots of people with opinions on board.

C'mon, lets get them down on the record.

Its your chance to outshine Teddy!

I'm in...I have no clue, but that's at least 20 IQ points higher than Matt Millen and he did the job for a living.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

OK, I am looking for a site that will run a mock draft along with us so we can have some auto-drafted teams in addition to our teams.

This site: http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/ has everything you might want but its not multi-user, you can only be one team at a time, so its 1 actively managers, 31 computer generated choices.

https://first-pick.com/ Let's you step through a draft pick by pick so you could stop the computer and let our humans select their players. But no way to input that into their draft except for your selected team.

Anyone know of others?

https://walkthemock.com/

Would work for all the user and manual entry of picks. But no auto-draft option to fill out League. If we have 6 participants, there would be only 6 players selected per round.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    so where we at?

Its going nowhere.

There isn't much point of five people doing a draft. Its not going to tell us much to concentrate all the picks in so few groups.

I was hoping that some of the mock draft sites had a manual mode, but I could find none. They only let one person make picks, their algorithm does the rest.

One site returned an email saying they COULD do this, but its not happening this year. WalkTheMock was the site that thought it sounded interesting.