Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Official Fire Ted Thompson thread

The Official Fire Ted Thompson thread

It's time.

Your best days are behind you Ted. Thanks for the memories. Time to move on. You're way too rigid. You're a turtle that very rarely looks out of his shell.

Oh, and you're never around to even make a comment on how YOUR team is performing. Nothing.

Thus McCarthy and Rodgers, you know, the team leaders absent you, have to take the brunt of the criticism while you're nowhere to be found.

Rome is burning. Excuse me while I put down my fiddle.

I think it is certainly time to blow this up. Sitting on almost $10M in cap money...why exactly?

Ted is a draft and develop guy...that takes TIME to implement. This team does not have time. We have a HOF QB with precious few years remaining in his prime. We need a GM who isn't afraid to take a stab in free agency once in awhile. I'm not suggesting we sign a $100M free agent...but we need a hell of a lot more than Jared Cook in free agency.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

"Sitting on" is a misnomer because it rolls over to next year if they don't use it. It's not use it or lose it. Thompson isn't going to get fired either way. He'll either hang 'em up or keep working. Who fires a GM that went to NFCC two years ago and lost in overtime on the road in divisional round last year? Not going to happen.

Injuries are not an excuse for the outcome - but there is no way you fire the GM when his team was this injured and had his track record. How would you attract any other talented candidate when you're that reactionary?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    "Sitting on" is a misnomer because it rolls over to next year if they don't use it. It's not use it or lose it. Thompson isn't going to get fired either way. He'll either hang 'em up or keep working. Who fires a GM that went to NFCC two years ago and lost in overtime on the road in divisional round last year? Not going to happen.

Injuries are not an excuse for the outcome - but there is no way you fire the GM when his team was this injured and had his track record. How would you attract any other talented candidate when you're that reactionary?
    Besides, I think the "almost $10M" is now actually less than nine million after the recent roster moves, and the league year has a long time to go still. They have only about 5% of their cap unused at this point. As you pointed out, the unused amount now rolls over automatically, so this represents the accumulated unused cap amount since the last CBA.

Can't fire TT, can't fire McCarthy and what not? In real football in Europe even championship coaches and managers get fired. So yeah, I can easily get away with calling that wimpy.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Is there any chance Schneider can be lured form SEA? I know this has been rubbed into the ground but shit....throw $$$ at him.
    C.H.U.D.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    It's time.

Your best days are behind you Ted. Thanks for the memories. Time to move on. You're way too rigid. You're a turtle that very rarely looks out of his shell.

Oh, and you're never around to even make a comment on how YOUR team is performing. Nothing.

Thus McCarthy and Rodgers, you know, the team leaders absent you, have to take the brunt of the criticism while you're nowhere to be found.

Welcome to the Anti-Polar Bear Club, Esoxx.

A quick reminder: I wanted the Polar Bear's head on a silver plate a mere 3 months into his tenure. I could see then what y'all are seeing now - Thompson is the mother of incompetence.

Hell, I even satirized Thompson's incompetence, and to a lesser extent, his sexuality, in the awesome "Ted is Trapped in the Closet" threads. I think Red got pissed at me one time and stopped posting at JSO for months.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Is there any chance Schneider can be lured form SEA? I know this has been rubbed into the ground but shit....throw $$$ at him.
    Maybe if the Pack give up a bunch of Hershel Walker picks.

I seem to recall Schneider signing a lucrative, long-term contract extension prior to this season - without the "dream job" cause this time.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

I seem to recall Schneider signing a lucrative, long-term contract extension prior to this season - without the "dream job" cause this time.

Yup:

RENTON, Wash. - Seattle Seahawks general manager John Schneider said Thursday that his new contract does not contain an out clause that would allow him to leave to join the Green Bay Packers.

"No," Schneider said. "There's been lots of whispers about a lot of things and it's a small league, and I'm from a small hometown."

Schneider recently agreed to a five-year extension that will keep him in Seattle through 2021.

Dayum.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

Maybe hire Matt Millen. He could bring in Joey Harrington to run the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Maybe hire Matt Millen. He could bring in Joey Harrington to run the offense.
    I hear Mike Sherman is tired of lunch room duty and might listen to an offer to be GM again.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

A year old, but a decent article on prospective GM's. http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-...er-candidates/

Jheeesh !

Just Jheeesh ! It's a sad time to be a Packer fan.

As things look now we'll never see Aaron Rodgers win another Super Bowl ring as a Green Bay Packer.

Never ...nope ...won't happen.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Jheeesh !

Just Jheeesh ! It's a sad time to be a Packer fan.

As things look now we'll never see Aaron Rodgers win another Super Bowl ring as a Green Bay Packer.

Never ...nope ...won't happen.
    This year reminds me a lot of the Ray Rhodes year, not the bleak 70's, 80's, and early 90's. During that time, there was almost no hope that we'd have a winning team. This year I feel that the offense is actually beginning to improve, but the defense may be hopeless due to injury. A 5 or 6 win year is a real possibility.

I also think that next year, if the offense continues its slow improvement, and if the defense gets back some of its key pieces ( a large if), we could be back to a playoff contender.

That's why it resembles the Rhodes year. We still had Favre, as we now have Rodgers, and next year is a re-set. We'll lose at least 2 large salaries in Peppers and Shields. The draft will have to fill some holes like RB and pass rusher, and free agency will be needed to get a solid CB. We won't be picked to win the division, but we'll likely have the talent.

This year, though, is a lost cause.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    It's time.

KUDOS FOR THE THREAD
    IT'S TIME TO HOLD TED ACCOUNTABLE
    HE HIDES BEHIND EVERYBODY ELSE VIA THE PRESS AND LET'S THE COACH AND PLAYER DO ALL THE TALKING
    AND DRAFT AND DEVELOP only has led to way the hell too many practice squad players in our lineup playing Sunday's

Sink this ship; hire Eliot Wolf
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

LOL
    C.H.U.D.

I'll give Ted credit for actually signing a few people this year. He must've been using Google for the first time a few months back and realized there was a thing called free agency.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    On Paper I thought this was a slightly pleasant draft for Ted. If you follow the draft prognosticators His third day draft picks were a little sub par, but he addressed the needs and holes on the Packers rosters. You can complain about the actual players but he watches a hell of a lot more film than any of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    You can complain about the actual players but he watches a hell of a lot more film than any of you.
    He damn well should...that is what he's getting paid for.