Thread: "PACKERS in PRIME POSITION TO TRADE DOWN IN DRAFT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think there's probably *interest* in trading down. The tiers of players above us (1st/2nd tier) are comprised of about 20ish players. The 3rd tier may be 20 players or so. We pick 29th. Therefore, we may be interested in moving back like 7-8 spots and still getting a tier 3 guy and picking up a later round pick as additional draft capital. Those are just my general feelings about the draft pool, though. I don't claim to understand what the Packer board looks like. And it also is dependent upon none of those higher tier guys falling to our spot at 29. If we have a tier 2 player there at a tier 3 pick, our asking price would probably be too steep if it's an area of primary or secondary need.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I think there's probably *interest* in trading down. The tiers of players above us (1st/2nd tier) are comprised of about 20ish players. The 3rd tier may be 20 players or so. We pick 29th. Therefore, we may be interested in moving back like 7-8 spots and still getting a tier 3 guy and picking up a later round pick as additional draft capital. Those are just my general feelings about the draft pool, though. I don't claim to understand what the Packer board looks like. And it also is dependent upon none of those higher tier guys falling to our spot at 29. If we have a tier 2 player there at a tier 3 pick, our asking price would probably be too steep if it's an area of primary or secondary need.
    But...by your logic, if your board is 15% different than other GM's then you very well might land one of those 20 players sitting at 29.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.