Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sleepers and Under the Radar Prospects 2017 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there anyone from last year's draft you would have passed on in favor of Judon? Or, is there anyone that made the team out of camp in 2016 that you would have parted with in favor of Judon, assuming that he came in and did as well as he did for the Ravens?

Obviously, you have to have a roster spot for him. Perhaps they were confident that they had enough at LB, but I don't really know.
    Fackrell, Martinez, and Lowry... I would have picked Judon over all 3 of those guys.

I didn't like Fackrell at all - had him on my 'do not draft list'. I like Lowry, despite the short arm issue, but would have taken Judon over him.

The rub with the Packers is Capers - as always. Judon would not likely have played much, as dunderdummy is locked into playing a static 2-4 down-in and down-out. With Peppers gone now, Judon would be penciled in as the starter on the left side.

TT and the Packers have a long history of failure when it comes to trying to field a competent defense. They're just not very good at evaluated defensive talent.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Fackrell, Martinez, and Lowry... I would have picked Judon over all 3 of those guys.

I didn't like Fackrell at all - had him on my 'do not draft list'. I like Lowry, despite the short arm issue, but would have taken Judon over him.

The rub with the Packers is Capers - as always. Judon would not likely have played much, as dunderdummy is locked into playing a static 2-4 down-in and down-out. With Peppers gone now, Judon would be penciled in as the starter on the left side.

TT and the Packers have a long history of failure when it comes to trying to field a competent defense. They're just not very good at evaluated defensive talent.
    Right side? I hadn't heard they would be moving Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ne?id=2558138I

I really like running back Samaje Perine if we can get him in the 3rd or 4th round....had to share carries with Mixon at OU but he a big powerful runner who can step in right away and take Lacy's place.

Get this guy!
    C.H.U.D.

No, Don't.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Here is a very insightful article comparing under-rated 2017 prospects to some current NFL comps.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ggest-sleepers

The article made me want the Packers to take a closer look at Vince Biegel (if they were to miss out on T.J. Watt). He has some Clay in him too. Read the section that talks about it.

Shaquill Griffin, CB of Central Florida. Look at his comps in the article! He checks many athleticism boxes, and may get lost in the many big name prospects from higher profile programs.

As for an under the radar RB who has sweet feet and acceleration, I give you Marlon Mack from USF. He has great lateral agility and breakaway speed. If the Packers miss on Joe Mixon, I don't know if he can catch the ball out of the back field, but this guy is fun to watch.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

What about UCF corner Shaquille Griffin??? Good size, speed, highly productive, no character concerns. Seems worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick to me....

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Jarron Jones from Notre Dame is ranked by some as one of the 15th best DTs in the draft I don't have much time and I was lucky to watch his film against Miami. He had the game of his life against Miami. The things that I like was that he was fast enough off the ball to beat the zone blocking scheme and end up in the backfield. His get off was really good. I would see him as a defensive end in the Packers scheme on 1st down and then on the bench as the Packers would go to nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    What about UCF corner Shaquille Griffin??? Good size, speed, highly productive, no character concerns. Seems worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick to me....
    I'm right there with you (from the draft contest).

1 Jordan Willis, EDGE, Kansas State
    2 Tyus Bowser, EDGE, Houston
    3 CB Shaquill Griffin, UCF
    4 Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
    4 RB Brian Hill, Wyoming
    5 OLB Samson Ebukam, Eastern Washington
    5 Jehu Chesson, WR, Michigan
    6 OL Kofi Amichia, South Florida
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Jarron Jones from Notre Dame is ranked by some as one of the 15th best DTs in the draft I don't have much time and I was lucky to watch his film against Miami. He had the game of his life against Miami. The things that I like was that he was fast enough off the ball to beat the zone blocking scheme and end up in the backfield. His get off was really good. I would see him as a defensive end in the Packers scheme on 1st down and then on the bench as the Packers would go to nickel.
    Talented guy, but he has some red flags. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...nes?id=2557864 Definitely a late round pick.