View Poll Results: Who will TT draft at #29?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Taco Charlton - DE - Michigan

1 3.85%
  • Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St.

1 3.85%
  • Forrest Lamp - G - Western Kentucky

1 3.85%
  • Jabril Peppers - S - Michigan

1 3.85%
  • Tre'Davious White - CB - LSU

1 3.85%
  • Charles Harris - OLB - Missouri

1 3.85%
  • Adoree Jackson - CB - USC

1 3.85%
  • Zach Cunningham - LB - Vanderbilt

0 0%
  • T.J. Watt - OLB - Wisconsin

4 15.38%
  • Chidobi Awuzi - CB - Colorado

0 0%
  • Kevin King - CB - Washington

3 11.54%
  • Tim Williams - OLB - Alabama

0 0%
  • Other

10 38.46%
  • Trade Up For_______________

0 0%
  • Trade Down For_______________

2 7.69%

Thread: Who WILL TT Draft AT #29?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There are six first round CBs in most estimations and I just read that about 10 teams want them.

Its going to be an EDGE rusher.

Jordan Willis

Ted might go back a few slots to get him in second.

I voted for Other.
    Would hate that pick... so?? Sounds about right, lol...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Would hate that pick... so?? Sounds about right, lol...
    Hate the value at top of 2nd round or hate the player?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hate the value at top of 2nd round or hate the player?
    Definitely hate the value... don't necessarily hate the player, but he simply is not athletic enough, twitchy enough, fast enough... not special at anything. Had good straight-line speed at the combine, but that doesn't translate to the field as he doesn't bend well.

This is the "Weakness" write up on him at CBSsportsline.com

WEAKNESSES: Stiff, upright rusher with mechanical movements in space. Ordinary edge acceleration and not a true speed rusher. Rounds off the edge and often over-runs the pocket, going the long way to the quarterback. Too easily slowed in congestion and doesn?t show the same power in pursuit. Predictable rush attack and lacks creativity. Stands up at times, stalling his rush. Streaky ball instincts, misreading zone reads and taking himself away from the play. Inconsistent results as an edge setter and doesn?t always play up to his measureables in this area, struggling to re-establish the line of scrimmage.

--------------------------------------------------------

Before I ever read that write-up, that was my opinion of him after watching some of his game tape. See him as more of a 3rd-4th rounder. Not my type of player at all; hence, I'm sure Ted loves him and will tell us what a "good football player" he is.
    wist

Definitely hate the value... don't necessarily hate the player, but he simply is not athletic enough, twitchy enough, fast enough... not special at anything. Had good straight-line speed at the combine, but that doesn't translate to the field as he doesn't bend well.

This is the "Weakness" write up on him at CBSsportsline.com

WEAKNESSES: Stiff, upright rusher with mechanical movements in space. Ordinary edge acceleration and not a true speed rusher. Rounds off the edge and often over-runs the pocket, going the long way to the quarterback. Too easily slowed in congestion and doesn?t show the same power in pursuit. Predictable rush attack and lacks creativity. Stands up at times, stalling his rush. Streaky ball instincts, misreading zone reads and taking himself away from the play. Inconsistent results as an edge setter and doesn?t always play up to his measureables in this area, struggling to re-establish the line of scrimmage
    At least in the Stanford game, I see all those weaknesses. Though I think the outside route to the QB is predetermined by his alignment and scheme. Would love to know if he was advised against a counter move in order to maintain outside leverage.

His SPARQ rating is 2nd behind Garrett and his 40 speed and all splits are insane. But his functional strength looks limited. He lifted like a LB.

Would prefer Watt, similar numbers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

At least in the Stanford game, I see all those weaknesses. Though I think the outside route to the QB is predetermined by his alignment and scheme. Would love to know if he was advised against a counter move in order to maintain outside leverage.

His SPARQ rating is 2nd behind Garrett and his 40 speed and all splits are insane. But his functional strength looks limited. He lifted like a LB.

Would prefer Watt, similar numbers.
    I like Bowser more than both of those guys - by a wide margin.
    wist

I dunno. He looks all quickness to me. Seems small, especially against Louisville. Regardless of measurement he is quicker with his feet than Willis. I don't know how Willis got those SS and three cone numbers when he looks so straight line and lumbering.

Which of the SS or 3-cone are supposed to show quick stops and starts?

Unless you need him to win a fight or something.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I just noticed that Tyus Bowser played hoops for 2 years at Houston. That athleticism means that TT is going to take him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I just noticed that Tyus Bowser played hoops for 2 years at Houston. That athleticism means that TT is going to take him.
    Second round baby!

Wow, film versus Standord is ungood. He has some speed to the outside and pursues OK, but not strong at the point of attack. Nick Perry he is not.

Kinda lumbering. Needs lots more strength. Also doesn't use arms or hands to keep Tackle off him. Has a decent soft shoulder move. Twice he caught the Tackle while Tackle was moving to set and was able to win. Seems quite slow off the ball, but the whole K-State line seemed that way. No counter move to get inside the tackle. Could be the Wide 9 defense he is playing.

He does play the option better than Matthews. Stays home or closes on the mesh.

I hope all the rumbling about this kid is just noise and the Packers ignore him until much later.

Last edited by pbmax; 04-25-2017 at 09:25 PM.