View Poll Results: Who will TT draft at #29?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Taco Charlton - DE - Michigan

1 3.85%
  • Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St.

1 3.85%
  • Forrest Lamp - G - Western Kentucky

1 3.85%
  • Jabril Peppers - S - Michigan

1 3.85%
  • Tre'Davious White - CB - LSU

1 3.85%
  • Charles Harris - OLB - Missouri

1 3.85%
  • Adoree Jackson - CB - USC

1 3.85%
  • Zach Cunningham - LB - Vanderbilt

0 0%
  • T.J. Watt - OLB - Wisconsin

4 15.38%
  • Chidobi Awuzi - CB - Colorado

0 0%
  • Kevin King - CB - Washington

3 11.54%
  • Tim Williams - OLB - Alabama

0 0%
  • Other

10 38.46%
  • Trade Up For_______________

0 0%
  • Trade Down For_______________

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who WILL TT Draft AT #29?

Who WILL TT Draft AT #29?

Not a preference poll. It's prediction time. Who will TT take at #29?

Poll to follow.

TT will trade down and select T.J. Watt.

I don't know enough prospects to say for sure, but it will be a DT or OT that everyone says has a second round grade. And in 4 years he will be steady and unspectacular.

There are six first round CBs in most estimations and I just read that about 10 teams want them.

Its going to be an EDGE rusher.

Jordan Willis

Ted might go back a few slots to get him in second.

I voted for Other.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There are six first round CBs in most estimations and I just read that about 10 teams want them.

Its going to be an EDGE rusher.

Jordan Willis

Ted might go back a few slots to get him in second.

I voted for Other.
    Would hate that pick... so?? Sounds about right, lol...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Would hate that pick... so?? Sounds about right, lol...
    Hate the value at top of 2nd round or hate the player?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wow, film versus Standord is ungood. He has some speed to the outside and pursues OK, but not strong at the point of attack. Nick Perry he is not.

Kinda lumbering. Needs lots more strength. Also doesn't use arms or hands to keep Tackle off him. Has a decent soft shoulder move. Twice he caught the Tackle while Tackle was moving to set and was able to win. Seems quite slow off the ball, but the whole K-State line seemed that way. No counter move to get inside the tackle. Could be the Wide 9 defense he is playing.

He does play the option better than Matthews. Stays home or closes on the mesh.

I hope all the rumbling about this kid is just noise and the Packers ignore him until much later.

Last edited by pbmax; 04-25-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I don't know enough prospects to say for sure, but it will be a DT or OT that everyone says has a second round grade. And in 4 years he will be steady and unspectacular.
    lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    like Datone Jones ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Bretsky will be chanting for the WATT MACHINE; Ted will take a CB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think zool has it figured out

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I voted for trade down. This obviously means having a trade partner first, so we'll assume. Then I'd take any one of Watt, T White, A Jackson, Charles H or Kevin King. With my second I take Achilles Jones, with the third I pick up I take Tim Williams/Carl Lawson (if I took a CB in 1st) or Tees Tabor/Desmond King (if Edge in first).

I think Sidney Jones is worth the gamble and we can never have too many DBs.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Hate the value at top of 2nd round or hate the player?
    Definitely hate the value... don't necessarily hate the player, but he simply is not athletic enough, twitchy enough, fast enough... not special at anything. Had good straight-line speed at the combine, but that doesn't translate to the field as he doesn't bend well.

This is the "Weakness" write up on him at CBSsportsline.com

WEAKNESSES: Stiff, upright rusher with mechanical movements in space. Ordinary edge acceleration and not a true speed rusher. Rounds off the edge and often over-runs the pocket, going the long way to the quarterback. Too easily slowed in congestion and doesn?t show the same power in pursuit. Predictable rush attack and lacks creativity. Stands up at times, stalling his rush. Streaky ball instincts, misreading zone reads and taking himself away from the play. Inconsistent results as an edge setter and doesn?t always play up to his measureables in this area, struggling to re-establish the line of scrimmage.

--------------------------------------------------------

Before I ever read that write-up, that was my opinion of him after watching some of his game tape. See him as more of a 3rd-4th rounder. Not my type of player at all; hence, I'm sure Ted loves him and will tell us what a "good football player" he is.
    wist

I went with "other"...

Hoping Kevin King is there, but not sure he will be. Was kind of luke-warm on King initially, but I've warmed up to him.

Another corner I like is Chidobe Awuzie.

Since I like those guys... I'm sure TT doesn't even know they're alive.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Definitely hate the value... don't necessarily hate the player, but he simply is not athletic enough, twitchy enough, fast enough... not special at anything. Had good straight-line speed at the combine, but that doesn't translate to the field as he doesn't bend well.

This is the "Weakness" write up on him at CBSsportsline.com

WEAKNESSES: Stiff, upright rusher with mechanical movements in space. Ordinary edge acceleration and not a true speed rusher. Rounds off the edge and often over-runs the pocket, going the long way to the quarterback. Too easily slowed in congestion and doesn?t show the same power in pursuit. Predictable rush attack and lacks creativity. Stands up at times, stalling his rush. Streaky ball instincts, misreading zone reads and taking himself away from the play. Inconsistent results as an edge setter and doesn?t always play up to his measureables in this area, struggling to re-establish the line of scrimmage
    At least in the Stanford game, I see all those weaknesses. Though I think the outside route to the QB is predetermined by his alignment and scheme. Would love to know if he was advised against a counter move in order to maintain outside leverage.

His SPARQ rating is 2nd behind Garrett and his 40 speed and all splits are insane. But his functional strength looks limited. He lifted like a LB.

Would prefer Watt, similar numbers.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    If you are Ted Thompson and Reuben Foster or Gareon Conley, or another player that may slide much lower than anticipated draft position, do you pass on them as well, or choose them as BAP and keep your fingers crossed?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    If you are Ted Thompson and Reuben Foster or Gareon Conley, or another player that may slide much lower than anticipated draft position, do you pass on them as well, or choose them as BAP and keep your fingers crossed?
    No way on Conley. But they could have had enough time to figure out what is going on with Reuben. Packers said to still be in mix for Mixon after first round.

At least in the Stanford game, I see all those weaknesses. Though I think the outside route to the QB is predetermined by his alignment and scheme. Would love to know if he was advised against a counter move in order to maintain outside leverage.

His SPARQ rating is 2nd behind Garrett and his 40 speed and all splits are insane. But his functional strength looks limited. He lifted like a LB.

Would prefer Watt, similar numbers.
    I like Bowser more than both of those guys - by a wide margin.
    wist

If you're simply trying to predict who Ted will pick, then this is what you look for:

- He will only have played football for a year or two.
    - He has short arms
    - He tested better than he played
    - He isn't a highly talented player who slid because of character concerns

Whoever that is, that's Ted's guy
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

5 of TT's last 9 1st round picks have come from the Pac12.