Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apparently the on-roster replacements weren't enough - Jahri Evans signing

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Something isn't right here

How did he play last year?

And why was he cut by Seattle last year before the regular season. I get why the saint first cut him, he was expensive, but he was only counting a million against the cap in Seattle, that's cheap even for a backup

Sure he was once awesome, but is he any good anymore?
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...eider_reg.html

Good signing. Hope he plays well.

Yeah, lets hope that's all true, sounds like he played well last year

And I'm guessing he isn't costing much more then a million bucks

So even if he doesn't work out, we aren't out much

Looks like a good move, and hopefully means we don't have to draft a guard on the first two days

Worst case scenario is that he adds the solid vet backup depth I've been asking for for years it seems

Yeah, lets hope that's all true, sounds like he played well last year

And I'm guessing he isn't costing much more then a million bucks

So even if he doesn't work out, we aren't out much

Looks like a good move, and hopefully means we don't have to draft a guard on the first two days

Worst case scenario is that he adds the solid vet backup depth I've been asking for for years it seems
    He played last year for the Saints for 1 million, so I would imagine that's about what he'll make this year.

I don't think his signing affects the draft. I doubt TT was going to draft a guard in the 1st 2 rounds anyway. After that, if there's a Guard TT likes, he'll draft him since Evans is likely only a very short term solution.

The only problem with this offseason is that every year Ted does things we agree with, the team gets worse.

I want an unknown small school CB who runs track in the second round. Better yet, an unknown small school safety or WR.

And everyone here who has liked these offseason signings to scream REACH!!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This is the kind of move I think a lot of people wish TT would make more often. Acquire a solid veteran who can be a stop-gap until your young guys are ready to start.
    for THIS Packers team it would have been much better to resign lang. signing a stop-gap/back-up/depth guy doesn't do it.
    Last edited by gbgary; 04-27-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    for THIS Packers team it would have been much better to resign lang. signing a stop-gap/back-up/depth guy doesn't do it.
    Lol. Ok now you're just doing a bit. And hey, I'm all for bits and having fun. But even Red has come around on Evans at the very least being a solid vet backup. The type y'all have been bitching about ALL off season (and beyond). So to keep your grade a D, after the 5th, and new FA record for TT. All I can come up with is you're doing a bit. Unless you really are that subjective.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The only problem with this offseason is that every year Ted does things we agree with, the team gets worse.

I want an unknown small school CB who runs track in the second round. Better yet, an unknown small school safety or WR.

And everyone here who has liked these offseason signings to scream REACH!!
    Speaking of Safety.. Morgan Burnett is entering the last year of his contract. Behind him and HHCD, the Packers don't have a drafted player. Could Safety be more of a priority with TT than most people are thinking?

Speaking of Safety.. Morgan Burnett is entering the last year of his contract. Behind him and HHCD, the Packers don't have a drafted player. Could Safety be more of a priority with TT than most people are thinking?
    Is Brice that diamond in the rough or is he Peprah 2.0?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Lol. Ok now you're just doing a bit. And hey, I'm all for bits and having fun. But even Red has come around on Evans at the very least being a solid vet backup. The type y'all have been bitching about ALL off season (and beyond). So to keep your grade a D, after the 5th, and new FA record for TT. All I can come up with is you're doing a bit. Unless you really are that subjective.
    is he better than lang? no...so it's a fail. it's all about getting better. is the team any better than last year? no!

is he better than lang? no...so it's a fail. it's all about getting better. is the team any better than last year? no!
    Glad the NFL is so cut and dry, black and white to you with no room for grey. Was Sitton's replacement better? NO! Life went on! As it will w/o Lang. Is the team better with or without Evans? Better, absolutely? Then the grade should go up, or you look like the little boy who took his ball and went home.

Hell I guess its your grading scale. Lol If you can't see the difference that's on you. We agree in that Evans isn't Lang. But Evans is better than what we had. So TT did what YOU asked by bringing in veteran talent. Now you don't give credit? That's on you.

Hell I guess its your grading scale. Lol If you can't see the difference that's on you. We agree in that Evans isn't Lang. But Evans is better than what we had. So TT did what YOU asked by bringing in veteran talent. Now you don't give credit? That's on you.
    we had lang but let him go. if you agree that evans isn't as good as lang then you must agree we're worse at that position. i'd have given tt credit had he resigned lang.

Something isn't right here

How did he play last year?

And why was he cut by Seattle last year before the regular season. I get why the saint first cut him, he was expensive, but he was only counting a million against the cap in Seattle, that's cheap even for a backup

Sure he was once awesome, but is he any good anymore?
    Every time we (the posters) say this about a guy TT DIDN'T sign you poopoo everyone and rail against ted. Now he signs that guy that was unwanted by his prior team and you do a bigger course reversal than Trump on any given topic.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Good signing. I like this new TT. Gut feeling - TT is handing over more of the reigns to some of the younger staff knowing they are gonna be running the whole ship in two years.
    So...good move, couln't possibly be TT that did it.

Just curious, how many Pro Bowl players leave for more money and get replaced with better talent? Has that EVER happened? Are we being realistic? Lol

Just curious, how many Pro Bowl players leave for more money and get replaced with better talent? Has that EVER happened? Are we being realistic? Lol
    that's why you should keep your pro bowl talent. especially when you're trying to take that last step to the superbowl. if you're 8-8, rebuilding, and in cap trouble, you let them go.

They like Brice and some think Rollins ends up a safety...or is it randall?

PS...back to the thread, this is supposed to be a horrible draft for OL. That might have sparked this signing a bit.

So when you compare an injured TE who can't block to Bennet and you compare Lang to Evans you don't call that a net win?

that's why you should keep your pro bowl talent. especially when you're trying to take that last step to the superbowl. if you're 8-8, rebuilding, and in cap trouble, you let them go.
    Unless they're over paid. Smart teams pay QBs not Guards.