Thread: Apparently the on-roster replacements weren't enough - Jahri Evans signing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This is the kind of move I think a lot of people wish TT would make more often. Acquire a solid veteran who can be a stop-gap until your young guys are ready to start.
    I'm not against this move, but TT did try this kind of thing a couple of years ago with a guy by the name of Jeff Saturday. Hope he's a good stop-gap, but they better be prepared if he isn't.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I'm not against this move, but TT did try this kind of thing a couple of years ago with a guy by the name of Jeff Saturday. Hope he's a good stop-gap, but they better be prepared if he isn't.
    I thought about Saturday too. You never know for sure when a veteran will fall off the cliff. Still, this strikes me as a no risk/moderate gain move. Evans clearly is past his prime, but he was pretty solid last year.

Wait, will he cost a compensatory pick?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Jeff Saturday was almost 40 when the Packers signed him...Evans is only 33. Plus, Evans was a better player in his prime than Saturday ever was.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!