Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
I disagree with McGinn about the two corners the Packers drafted two years ago. Randall was significantly hurt last year and I think he struggled physically and mentally because of it. I think he might be better in the slot, but I think giving up on him is a ridiculous statement by McGinn. Rollins is a work in progress and has had to play a lot of football early into his career that I just don't think he was ready for. He is a dime back and not much else at this point but hopefully he can learn the game and make up for his lack of physical prowess.
It is not about giving up on Randall so much as not counting on him putting it together. I don't remember Randall being injured, but his failings did not look like someone covering for an injury (Rollins' problems did look that way), they looked like a guy who did not know how to play CB, did not try to learn the CB position, and tried to let his athleticism cover for everything. He was out of position and screwing up technique. I'm not saying those things are not fixable, and I don't think McGinn was either, just that you can't count on them ever getting fixed. At this point the Packers have to prepare like they won't get fixed if they want the best shot at a Super Bowl.