Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BOB McGINN'S FAMOUS MOCK DRAFT

Blog Entries

BOB McGINN'S FAMOUS MOCK DRAFT

He's hit on several of GB's picks...here it is

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ons/100929770/
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    ANOTHER GREAT ARTICLE TO GO WITH THIS

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...eed/100929488/
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Not sure if I agree, but the article premise is GB is so f'cked at CB they have to get one in round one....partly...due to the failure a couple years ago in those two CB's

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Not sure if I agree, but the article premise is GB is so f'cked at CB they have to get one in round one....partly...due to the failure a couple years ago in those two CB's
    When Gunter is the guy you have to match up against J Jones and Dez, CB is a fucking big need. The reason he was in there was that Rollins wasn't healthy (or fast) enough and Randall can't extract his head out of his anus long enough to play corner. We rag on McGinn here often due to his dumb articles, but he nailed the CB situation.

I'd love Randall to actually learn the position properly, but they still could use an additional CB, as none of the rest give me that much confidence on the outside. They couldn't even slow Atlanta down a little last year. No stud CB from the draft, and you might as well look to 2018.

I know some of you say that a better pass rush will solve the problem, but I don't think so. At best a super stud rusher would add an additional 1 sack and 1 hurry per game. That is not enough to make up for a CB that can easily be burned. I'm totally in favor of improving the pass rush, and that will help everything in the back end, but it can't make up for a glaring, well documented, hole.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

We'll get a partial answer to this question of the PackerRats mock or Bob's mock are close.

Multiple CBs available plus Watt and 2 round EDGE guys.

But we won't ever know what the grades are on them and how close it had to be for Ted to go need.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    When Gunter is the guy you have to match up against J Jones and Dez, CB is a fucking big need. The reason he was in there was that Rollins wasn't healthy (or fast) enough and Randall can't extract his head out of his anus long enough to play corner. We rag on McGinn here often due to his dumb articles, but he nailed the CB situation.

I'd love Randall to actually learn the position properly, but they still could use an additional CB, as none of the rest give me that much confidence on the outside. They couldn't even slow Atlanta down a little last year. No stud CB from the draft, and you might as well look to 2018.

I know some of you say that a better pass rush will solve the problem, but I don't think so. At best a super stud rusher would add an additional 1 sack and 1 hurry per game. That is not enough to make up for a CB that can easily be burned. I'm totally in favor of improving the pass rush, and that will help everything in the back end, but it can't make up for a glaring, well documented, hole.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I don't like Kevin King at all. Film tells the truth on that guy and he plays really stiff and clueless at times. I like Adoree Jackson and Tae White a head of King.
    McGinn echos sort of what I have been saying about going pass rusher in the first round, they are really nice to have but having a number one corner is major need for the Packers. Again I think there might be ten corners that have the potential to be a number one corner in this draft.

I disagree with McGinn about the two corners the Packers drafted two years ago. Randall was significantly hurt last year and I think he struggled physically and mentally because of it. I think he might be better in the slot, but I think giving up on him is a ridiculous statement by McGinn. Rollins is a work in progress and has had to play a lot of football early into his career that I just don't think he was ready for. He is a dime back and not much else at this point but hopefully he can learn the game and make up for his lack of physical prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I don't like Kevin King at all. Film tells the truth on that guy and he plays really stiff and clueless at times. I like Adoree Jackson and Tae White a head of King.
    From McGinn's article:

“If you look at tape, he’s not a first-round pick,” said one personnel man. “If you look at the combine, he’s a top-10 pick.”
    Are the Packers falling for a Combine sensation?

I disagree with McGinn about the two corners the Packers drafted two years ago. Randall was significantly hurt last year and I think he struggled physically and mentally because of it. I think he might be better in the slot, but I think giving up on him is a ridiculous statement by McGinn. Rollins is a work in progress and has had to play a lot of football early into his career that I just don't think he was ready for. He is a dime back and not much else at this point but hopefully he can learn the game and make up for his lack of physical prowess.
    It is not about giving up on Randall so much as not counting on him putting it together. I don't remember Randall being injured, but his failings did not look like someone covering for an injury (Rollins' problems did look that way), they looked like a guy who did not know how to play CB, did not try to learn the CB position, and tried to let his athleticism cover for everything. He was out of position and screwing up technique. I'm not saying those things are not fixable, and I don't think McGinn was either, just that you can't count on them ever getting fixed. At this point the Packers have to prepare like they won't get fixed if they want the best shot at a Super Bowl.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Randall was injured several times over the course of the season. Hamstring and foot I believe. Had at least one re-aggravation.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Randall was injured several times over the course of the season. Hamstring and foot I believe. Had at least one re-aggravation.
    Well, I was close. It was groin and knee.

Well, I was close. It was groin and knee.
    And foot. He was on the injury report for a foot injury for the Dallas game. I think it was the groin injury that he had surgery for during the season. Late in the year he was playing like a guy who was either hurt, or was playing tentatively to avoid getting hurt again. I think the biggest question heading into this draft is whether Randall and Rollins were big draft mistakes, or whether they are young guys who will bounce back once healthy.

McGinn echos sort of what I have been saying about going pass rusher in the first round, they are really nice to have but having a number one corner is major need for the Packers. Again I think there might be ten corners that have the potential to be a number one corner in this draft.

its funny, about a month or two or 3 ago i was called an idiot on here for thinking CB was a major priority, because rollins and randall just had a slump and WILL bounce back

funny how a couple months of listening to talking heads change so many peoples minds

now CB is our biggest greatest need

i never like it when good players playing the same position come from the same team at the same time

it goes back to raji and ron brace. they both looked great in college, but we now know they just kind of made each other look better

so you have the same thing this year with the 2 ohio state Cb's and sidney jones and kevin king. are these guys 9's out of 10s. or are they both just 7's or 8's and just look better because the other guy is also a 7 and is taking on the other teams #1

or is it the system that makes them both look good?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    its funny, about a month or two or 3 ago i was called an idiot on here for thinking CB was a major priority, because rollins and randall just had a slump and WILL bounce back

funny how a couple months of listening to talking heads change so many peoples minds

now CB is our biggest greatest need
    Funny, I don't remember anyone saying cb wasn't the priority, unless they think pass rush is a higher priority. At the end of the season I did think Cb was the priority, but now am not as worried. I do think pass rush is the #1 priority followed by cb.

CB and pass rusher are a priority, that is why we will take a WR first.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I recall groin surgery at some point which caused him to miss time. Life's not fair, I know, but TT sure puts a lot of pressure on himself and the young guys when fans expect them to be serviceable right away because the GM and coaching staff decided to have their depth be young guns who haven't proven themselves, but also need a chance to do so. It's hard enough to play the game, especially corner, but if you are not full go because of injuries, it's that much harder. Sure, when Sam went down in game 1, that really hurt, but I think I agree that it's time to stock up at that position. You don't have to go back to back like 2015, but address the position and create some real competition for camp. Then, fingers crossed, the next problem will be that they can all play at some acceptable level and compete for snaps.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

So is the 1st pick for need this year or BPA regardless of position?
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    When do you not need the best player available?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    So is the 1st pick for need this year or BPA regardless of position?
    I think it's probably best defensive player, which will probably be a CB or edge rusher. Could be ILB if someone drops.