Thread: Bills Fire Doug Whaley

Bills Fire Doug Whaley

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-doug-whaley/

Whaley and new coach Sean McDermott had personnel disagreements and the new owners were reportedly siding with the new coach.

And one more team will lean the hard way that making this kind of system work, where the coach is the personnel decision maker and the GM is neutered and hired after the fact, is very difficult.

Whaley had some strange enthusiasms (EJ Manuel still thought of as potential starter) but McDermott has never been a HC before, much less a personnel guy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From yesterday: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ir-in-buffalo/

Source: http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/29/mc...d-man-walking/

Quote when asked about Whaley after the draft: "I will say, Doug and his staff did a phenomenal job."

Spoken list the GM's boss. It was kind of lost while the Redskins were busy imploding while trying to force their GM out, that Buffalo treated Whaley the exact same way. A coach was fired without much of his input and he was withheld from normal press duties.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He's been a dead man walking for a while. See my comments when I picked for the Bills in the mock draft.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

My friend, who is a Bills fan, is thrilled this guy has been shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    My friend, who is a Bills fan, is thrilled this guy has been shown the door.
    Be careful what the friend wishes for. They are supposedly evaluating GMs now, but only those who have a relationship with McDermott. This instead of doing a National search.

Good way to reinforce bad habits or inexperience. Hysterical that otherwise smart people still fall for these easy to avoid mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Be careful what the friend wishes for. They are supposedly evaluating GMs now, but only those who have a relationship with McDermott. This instead of doing a National search.

Good way to reinforce bad habits or inexperience. Hysterical that otherwise smart people still fall for these easy to avoid mistakes.
    This could be why the Bills are never any good either (I'd never say that to my friend, however).