Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Adoree Jackson is one of my favorites. I think he is possibly the best athlete at the CB position. I just didn't think he would go this high as he is pretty average in size.

5th defensive player taken in a row

Bucs are on the clock. Cook now?

TB...Howard

Jackson was the first one gone who I had some hope the Packers would take. The way this is shaping up, there may be multiple players suitable as Packer picks when the time comes - that makes trading down not too bad an idea.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Sup everyone....having fun yet?

O.J. Howard - TE - Alabama

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Exceptionally gifted athlete. Has long arms and massive hands for his position. Tremendous acceleration into his routes. Has tools to torment defenses on second and third level. Play speed resembles a wide receiver's when the ball is in the air. Linebackers have no shot against him in space. Can turn a short throw into a long gain. Light on his feet and smooth out of his breaks. Easy separator who creates instant throwing windows when he hits the gas. Natural pass catcher who plucks it away from his body. Can adjust to poorly thrown balls and secure contested catches. Shows no lack of toughness over the middle. Can be lined up all over the field. Monster championship game in 2015 season revealed true potential. Has elite ceiling as playmaker. Lands his hands inside the frame as a blocker. Operates with wide base and attempts to snap hips into his block.

WEAKNESSES Will need more muscle and mass to be an in-line blocker as a pro. Appears passive. Doesn't have the field demeanor of most Alabama players. Needs better hand strength to sustain his blocks. Can do better job of working feet into position after contact. Needs urgency in his routes to tilt defenders and get them guessing. Needs to show more elusiveness after the catch. Saw playing time diminish from junior to senior season. Explosive talent who doesn't make enough explosive plays. Scheme creates some wide-open deep-ball catches at time. Scouts question his competitive nature.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "Alabama recruited a shiny toy but (Lane) Kiffin never really knew what to do with it. I don't worry about the talent at all. He could be an all-pro. I just need to know if he loves football." -- NFC general manager

NFL COMPARISON Julius Thomas

BOTTOM LINE Howard has struggled to live up to hype that has come with his play-making ability while at Alabama, but some scouts put the blame on the staff and scheme. He has elite athletic traits and raw talent, but must add polish to go along with those attributes. Should become substantially more productive as a pro, but the difference between "potential weapon" and "elite tight end" will likely be tied to his desire and overall football character.

Blog Entries
    Hey Peckerheads; just got in the Rat House. Nice start to the draft...........WHEN should I get out wishlist going ? Typically they'll get plucked off the board one by one on the five picks before us
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Sup everyone....having fun yet?
    The party never ends here.

den...bolles

This draft is going pretty good as far as time is concerned

Garrett Bolles looks like Chris MacInstosh

Garrett Bolles - OT - Utah

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Elite athletic ability with the sweetest feet at the tackle position in this draft. Movement skills are smooth and unencumbered. There isn't an angle block he can't get to. Smooth climbs to linebackers as a work-up blocker, and has rare ability to accelerate from that block up to a third target. Has lateral quickness in run game to cross-face from backside and seal on the play-side. Can take quick settle steps, sinks and scoops defensive ends on base blocks. Quick feet allow for more patience to scan for stunts. Can meet edge speed with quick sets in pass pro. Plays with a mean streak and loves to finish. Outstanding change of direction to mirror without a hitch in his transition. Keeps weight on inside foot in his slides. Moves feet into position against inside counters. Balanced in his pass sets and keeps blocks centered. Should get bigger and stronger with more weight work after unorthodox path to the draft.

WEAKNESSES Frame is a little narrow and legs appear to be shorter than normal. Devoid of drive power in his lowers. Pad level rises and he struggles to generate much movement against stout outside linebackers at point of attack. Needs better knee bend into second-level contact. Inconsistent in sustaining his blocks. Power can toss him off balance. May be limited by scheme fit. Needs to keep hands inside to bolster strength in his base. Lacks trust in his core power against speed-to-power. Leans into blocks with feet behind him to brace up. Will need sharper punch and more sink in his sets. Gives initial ground against power and doesn't always anchor quickly. Will be 25 years old by opening of fall camp.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1-2

SOURCES TELL US "Most athletic offensive lineman I've done since I took over this area of the country. He's also mean on the field, which you love. I'm projecting him to get stronger once he locks into an NFL strength-and-conditioning program. He's underdeveloped right now. What you see isn't what you are going to ultimately get, in my opinion." -- West area scout for NFC team

NFL COMPARISON Cedric Ogbuehi

BOTTOM LINE Because he's only played one year of FBS football and hasn't been able to fully fill out his frame over the last five years, Bolles will require a projection and conjecture than most of the tackles in this year's draft. He clearly has elite athletic ability and foot quickness, but his lack of core strength and ability to sustain blocks against power across from him is a concern at this time. While he has Pro Bowl potential for a zone-scheme team, his floor will be a little lower than you might like in an early round pick.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Does Detroit steal Watt here?
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

billed is a Mormon I guess.

The NFL draft is turning into the NBA draft with teams reaching on players with one year of experience as a starter

Lions are on the clock. Charles Harris here?

Now we're gonna start seeing some surprise picks...... that 3rd round media guy goes end of round 1 type thing......

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The NFL draft is turning into the NBA draft with teams reaching on players with one year of experience as a starter
    I was annoyed when we picked Matthews. Never know......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Does Detroit steal Watt here?
    I could see Detroit or Miami...but I hope not !
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

"Kingston Balls"? Way to go Suzy