Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Could Reuben Foster fall to The Pack?

det...davis

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I was annoyed when we picked Matthews. Never know......
    That was luck. Or was that Rodgers? I can't remember.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I hope that Miami takes the Taco, just so I was right on our Mock Draft.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

mia..harris

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Packers would be fools if they had a chance at Reuben Foster and passed him up

Blog Entries
    Dalvin Cook RB
    Jarrad Davis ILB
    Tak McKinley OLB
    Kevin King CB
    TJ Watt OLB
    Ruben Foster ILB
    Charles Harris DE/OLB
    Forrest Lamp OG
    Jabrill Peppers S
    Tre White CB

ANY I AM MISSING ????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Dalvin Cook RB
    Jarrad Davis ILB
    Tak McKinley OLB
    Kevin King CB
    TJ Watt OLB
    Ruben Foster ILB
    Charles Harris DE/OLB
    Forrest Lamp OG
    Jabrill Peppers S
    Tre White CB

ANY I AM MISSING ????
    get rid of the Guard and RB
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Packers would be fools if they had a chance at Reuben Foster and passed him up

Serious Character concerns
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Packers may select a Badger but I don't think it will be the player everyone wants

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Serious Character concerns
    You can't put Baby in a corner

Jarrad Davis - LB - Florida

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Angular build with long limbs and a shredded physique. Excellent flexibility throughout his trunk. Can twist and turn to slither into gaps. Plus acceleration to chase all over the field. Scouts say coaches are effusive in their praise of his leadership, work ethic and character. Can be rude to company. Erupts from coiled hips with a jarring pop under the pads of oncoming blockers. Runs downhill with choppy steps in balanced, tackle-ready position. Effective in spy role with athleticism to mirror mobile quarterbacks. Has closing burst that could become a weapon as a blitzer. Wrap-up tackler with strong finishing rate. Improved his discipline pursuing to the sideline. Did a better job of leveraging running backs against the boundary. Forceful redirect of tight ends out of their routes. Good peripheral helps him spot crossing routes without having to drop eyes from the quarterback. Has athletic tools to become better in coverage.

WEAKNESSES Downhill routes to the ball can be problematic. Will step too far downhill and get trapped in traffic on counters or bounces to the perimeter. Needs to play with more consistent technique and positioning to properly leverage his gaps against gap plays. Lateral scrapes sometimes lack patience forcing him to overrun run fits and open cutback lanes. Sometimes prioritizes attacking blockers too high. Has to get better at seeing and working past the blocker and toward the runner rather than issuing so many physical challenges that get him behind in pursuit. Could improve with greater stick-and-move hand work to keep himself clean. Struggles to free himself when snatched by blocker. Average instincts create inefficiency with early, post-snap movement.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 1-2

SOURCES TELL US "He's good. I don't care about some of those holes you are talking about. Kill him so maybe somebody will listen to you and he can fall to us. We'll take him." -- AFC executive

NFL COMPARISON Shaq Thompson

BOTTOM LINE Praised for both his football and personal character, Davis has athletic gifts to go along with the character traits teams are looking for. His ability to cover ground, operate with loose hips in space, and finish his tackles make him a draft favorite for some teams. While it is easy to fall in love with the traits and potential, Will have to take better routes to the ball and learn to keep himself clean against blocks. Should be able to compete for an early starting job as a 4-3 outside backer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I think they make the grade as the possible BPA; it would not surprise me if TTT takes one of them although I would not agree with it

Two players I really liked when I watched play were Joe Mixon and Tim Williams. Two guys with major character concerns

I liked jarrad Davis too. Damn it!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I thought Wist was taking Jarrad Davis in our mock. I think Davis is a stud and Detroit made a great call here

Blog Entries
    Good pick by Miami in Charles Harris............pass rusher.............was worried Watt might go there

That's Sasquatch not Chewie!!!

Charles Harris - OLB - Missouri

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Long legs with well defined bubble. Has loose, fluid hips. Explodes out of his stance in search of gap work vs. run game. Lateral quickness makes it a challenge to reach him or cross his face for offensive linemen. Good first step quickness. Plays with energy and keeps it cranked up until the whistle blows. Runs with high knees and athletic, long strides in the open field. Basketball standout in high school who uses nimble feet for an effective spin move. Can unleash spin counter in either direction. Plays on either side of the line and can play with a hand down or standing up. In 2015, led team in sacks, tackles for losses and hurries and was second in tackles. Uses early speed-to-power to create movement before attacking the tackle's inside shoulder. Showed some ability to drop in space when called upon.

WEAKNESSES Found himself too easily engulfed by size this season. Gives ground on the edge and can be widened out of his run fit. Hands must get better at point of attack. Needs to punch and own the point. Rides on blocks rather than shucks them. Lacks desired glass-chewing mentality against the run. Plays with slow reaction time to counters and misdirection and can lose track of the ball. Needs earlier shoulder turn as rusher to prevent early pass sets from punching him as squared-up rusher. Slow to activate his counter spin back inside. More violent approach with hands at top of his rush would help grease the edge. Productivity dropped after struggling with new defensive scheme.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "Don't get caught up in his numbers this year. He just didn't mesh with what they asked him to do. He's also got to be coachable and I think he may have fought the changes a little too much. What I saw in 2015 is what I think he's going to be." NFC North regional scout

NFL COMPARISON Connor Barwin

BOTTOM LINE High-cut pass rusher with good athleticism but concerns regarding his ability to drop anchor against the run. Ironically, Harris might be best suited as a penetrator which is something he fought against this season. His hands can be improved as pass rush weapons, but he has agility and footwork that can't be taught. Harris can play on the edge in a 4-3 or 3-4 front and should be the next in a line of early contributing defensive ends coming out of Missouri.

I don't like Charles Davis, one trick pony, can't play the run and gives up gap responsibility