Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Jabrill Peppers - S - Michigan

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Athletic and fluid in space with desired change of direction talent. Moves with the changing flow of a play. Willing to sacrifice body to honor contain against run. Jack of all trades. Can play slot, safety or linebacker in sub-packages in any given game. Won't hesitate to race downhill once he diagnoses run. Hits with as much force as he can muster. Has big closing burst. Runs plays down from sideline to sideline. Able to knife into gaps and make tackles for losses or disrupt runs. Has man cover talent and is physical enough to handle most tight ends. Has enough quickness to match receivers. Aggressively re-routes receivers. Capable blitzer who buzzes in from all angles. Electric return man with ability to charge up crowd and his own sideline with big kick or punt return. Has experience carrying and catching the ball and as wildcat quarterback. Could offer red-zone flexibility on offense.

WEAKNESSES Scouts question his instincts and lack of ball production. Has just one interception and 10 passes defensed at Michigan. Slow to recognize construct of play and can be found playing through a straw at times. Needs better recognition and anticipation to become an improvising play-maker. Doesn't always trust his feet in coverage and will maul at the top of the route. Just a guy when asked to play deep safety. Slow to read and range until ball is in the air. Can be overzealous against play-action and drawn below his deep ball responsibilities. Too small for take-on duties at linebacker. Leads into tackles with ducked head. Opts to hit rather than wrap-up.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1-2

SOURCES TELL US "These comparisons to Charles Woodson are nuts. Both are really good return men, but Woody is one of the greatest playmakers of all-time. Peppers has one interception and I don't think he's ever forced a fumble. Michigan might move him around too much. He will really improve when he can lock in and learn a position." -- AFC Director of Scouting

NFL COMPARISON Eric Weddle

BOTTOM LINE The ultimate Swiss Army Knife on the collegiate level, and will likely play a hybrid role on the next level that allows him to blitz, cover and chase, Peppers' draft value will be helped by his return ability and that is a role he should maintain throughout the earlier stages of his career. While Peppers doesn't have the production teams expect from first-round defenders, he should benefit from a role that is more clearly defined on the next level.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    cle...peppers
    Hey can you stop? What's the fuck is the point it's not like you are smarter than the rest of us because you post before ESPN

Packers are not going to take Foster.

Browns being the Browns...two defensive players, neither can play every down on defense.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    COOK
    FOSTER
    MCKINLEY
    WATT
    KING
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I would be happy with Foster, Cunningham, King, or Cook.
    Come on TT make it happen!

Blog Entries
    SEATTLE TRADES TO ATLANTA...............WHAT DO THE FALCONS WANT TO JUMP GB ??

FOSTER ???????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Another trade

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don't share your man love for King
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think he is a pussy
    Yes, I love pussy... particularly asian
    wist

Atlanta on the clock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    I'd substitute McKinley and Watt for Cunningham and King

Atlanta needs DBs
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    I like all those guys
    wist

pack should move ahead of dal

Blog Entries
    DAM..........I thought that was who Ted was going to select

Fuck you Atlanta

Takk would have been a hell of a pick for the Packers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    pack should move ahead of dal
    Pack should move down; they have too many holes to give picks up

Takkarist McKinley - DE - UCLA

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Relentless worker bee on the field. Refuses to give offensive tackles a snap to catch their breath. Not a content player and is always charging towards the ball. Plus closing burst to sideline enables contain. Makes as many effort plays as anyone in the Pac 12. Unusually adept at bouncing off of blocks and maintaining play focus. Good stop/start change of direction talent. Long strides eat up ground in space. Scouts expect a strong forty time at combine. Combines speed with long arms for increased tackle radius. Became a playmaker. Saw 36 percent of his tackles come within two yards or less of line of scrimmage while sack total spiked considerably. Spins out of wash down blocks to work back towards the play. Consistently stuffs cut attempts. Raw, but pass rush flashes some speed to power. Pass rush counters fueled by lateral agility and effort.

WEAKNESSES Hand skill and overall usage is completely uncultivated and impedes pass rush potential. Lacks slaps, swipes and a serviceable rip move to grease the edge as a rusher. Punch has very little force. Needs to get hands and feet need in unison. Long arms are irrelevant at times due to slow punch. Lacks bend around the edge. Upright pass rush allows tackles to flatten him up and over the rush arc with just an average punch. Movements are a little bit stiff. Redirected too easily. Needs to continue to add play strength. Success predicated on effort over rush talent and functional power. Needs to combine all three elements to his game.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "He was my sleeper headed into the season, but that went out the window with the season he had this year. I think he's a second rounder who needs time but he'll probably get overdrafted. He's going to be a productive pro." - AFC area scout

NFL COMPARISON Tamba Hali

BOTTOM LINE Ascending edge prospect who racked up impressive TFL and sack numbers this year despite a relatively raw approach and skill set. He's a little stiff in his lower body, but flashes good athleticism once the ball is snapped. McKinley's motor is a translatable characteristic, but improved hand usage and pass rush mechanics are what could elevate his game to another level as a starting, 3-4 outside linebacker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Takk would have been a hell of a pick for the Packers
    YUP.........

Bills are up.