Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm a little bit disappointed we didn't get T. J. Watt, but there's some chance he's overrated because of his brother too. Just don't go and take an RB with that 2nd round #1 pick.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

so we lost a shot at watt or foster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    so we lost a shot at watt or foster.

Yup; I think we let the last elite Edge Rusher go off the board as well as a top ten talent at ILB who can play all three downs.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Yup; I think we let the last elite Edge Rusher go off the board as well as a top ten talent at ILB who can play all three downs.
    Foster will be interesting to watch for sure. Comparison to Wayne Simmons seems apt! Is this guy going to be a character concern? He's been a bystander for a lot of shit.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Foster will be interesting to watch for sure. Comparison to Wayne Simmons seems apt! Is this guy going to be a character concern? He's been a bystander for a lot of shit.
    I think he IS a character risk for sure; he's a top 10 or so talent. But a bad guy.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

well this was fun....SMH. going to bed.

Media getting better.... no surprises on first round.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    TT wanted White or McKinley. When they went, he traded.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Very wise observation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    might be; I do think he wanted McKinley......

I liked White way more than King who we might be stuck with now due to TT's guys from two years ago underperforming

Maybe use the extra 4th to move back up to the upper part of the second and get 2 guys rated near the same.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    obviously Thompson is going Corner, OL, or RB

I agree. Top players do not suit us. Malik McDowell is a very Packers pick though

Packers must have really been turned off by the combine fiasco. Foster was a top 10 talent at a position of need.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Packers must have really been turned off by the combine fiasco. Foster was a top 10 talent at a position of need.
    OR

Wist is right and Ted Thompson just does not value Inside Linebackers

Am I wrong that Jon Gruden is making things up about Andy Reid and Favre?

Reid became QB coach in 1997, after 3 MVP seasons from Favre. He was an assistant line coach and then the TE coach during those years. He is screwing over the memory of Steve Mariucci!

Gruden also never coached Favre, leaving for Philly in 1995.

I think he has gritted his teeth once too many times.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

TT has never drafted a character risk in the 1st round.

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    Why do I have this feeling that we're taking Mixon in the 2nd round? I've heard rumbling TT is interested and taking him in the first would not be advisable. In a normal, non punchout world, he's being taken with Fournette and McCaffrey at the top of the draft. It would surprise me but it could be a home run in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbarnes101 View Post
    Why do I have this feeling that we're taking Mixon in the 2nd round? I've heard rumbling TT is interested and taking him in the first would not be advisable. In a normal, non punchout world, he's being taken with Fournette and McCaffrey at the top of the draft. It would surprise me but it could be a home run in the second round.
    Its possible. But I have a hard time imagining that Ted sees that position as high a priority as EDGE and CB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its possible. But I have a hard time imagining that Ted sees that position as high a priority as EDGE and CB.
    We're left with the 6th best CB and second tier on edge rushers.
    This screams trade down unless we go RB

And if we like Mixon he might be there a while