Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Ok he freaked out on a hospital worker, and had tainted piss. I wouldn't call him a bad guy. A dude that cold cocks a woman is a bad guy. I think it has more to do with Thompson not being interested in a capable middle linebacker. I think AJ Hawk sort of burned him, AJ was a weakside backer in a 4-3 but I think taking him 5th over all and never producing like a first round pick has spoiled TT on first round Linebackers that are not pass rushers

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Ok he freaked out on a hospital worker, and had tainted piss. I wouldn't call him a bad guy. A dude that cold cocks a woman is a bad guy. I think it has more to do with Thompson not being interested in a capable middle linebacker. I think AJ Hawk sort of burned him, AJ was a weakside backer in a 4-3 but I think taking him 5th over all and never producing like a first round pick has spoiled TT on first round Linebackers that are not pass rushers
    You don't know what a cold-cock is if you watched the video. It was a brick throw. Calling it a cold-cock is like saying he's innocent on account of how fucking retarded she was.

Blog Entries
    NFL NETWORK reporting GB is fielding a lot of calls right now
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Favre pays a lot tribute to Andy Reid.

Favre pays a lot tribute to Andy Reid.
    Yeah, but it was all post NFL success. Unless there was coaching I was unaware of outside of normal practice and meetings.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yeah, but it was all post NFL success. Unless there was coaching I was unaware of outside of normal practice and meetings.
    Favre said that Andy ran a lot of interference for Favre when dealing with Holmgren

Favre said that Andy ran a lot of interference for Favre when dealing with Holmgren
    OK. Thought that was Mooch, but maybe Andy helped out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Packers could take Cook and not have to worry about the Mixon nonsense.

The Packers could take Cook and not have to worry about the Mixon nonsense.
    Cook has even more non-sense in his background. He has like five police called incidents since he was a junior in HS.

Cook has even more non-sense in his background. He has like five police called incidents since he was a junior in HS.

1. Robbery at age 14
    2. Firing and possessing weapon on school property at 15
    3. At FSU, criminal mischief with BB gun shooting out windows
    4. Mistreatment of puppies same year as #4
    5. Named associate in assault case between two other men that occurred at his apartment (same summer as #4)
    6. Summer of sophomore year accused of punching a woman, charged and found not guilty

MMQB has a good run down plus information that a "runner" for an agent that Cook did not choose was bad mouthing him and spreading rumors about him not showing up for NFL workouts on time.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/25/n...te-miami-dade#

Gamblin' Rat
    1. Robbery at age 14
    2. Firing and possessing weapon on school property at 15
    3. At FSU, criminal mischief with BB gun shooting out windows
    4. Mistreatment of puppies same year as #4
    5. Named associate in assault case between two other men that occurred at his apartment (same summer as #4)
    6. Summer of sophomore year accused of punching a woman, charged and found not guilty

MMQB has a good run down plus information that a "runner" for an agent that Cook did not choose was bad mouthing him and spreading rumors about him not showing up for NFL workouts on time.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/25/n...te-miami-dade#
    Cook also has a fumble rate of 1 per 63.8 touches. That's really bad.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Top rated OT, top rated OG, Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara and Tim Williams available, plus McDowell. TT might not get a lot of sleep tonight trying to engineer another pick or two in the second round.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Be careful of praising Steelers and Watt:

Almost all their best OLBs were later round picks (Green was trade or FA). Since they have been looking for pass rush early in the draft, they have struck out.

Despite several first round EDGE draftees, their best guy is still James Harrison.

They draft that position like the Cowboys draft. Biggest name from bigger programs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Top rated OT, top rated OG, Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara and Tim Williams available, plus McDowell. TT might not get a lot of sleep tonight trying to engineer another pick or two in the second round.
    Hard to call somebody the top OT when he didn't cut round one and 2 are already gone

We do have the 6th best CB available, the top OG, and a RB or two with loads of talent. I need to read up more on Tim Williams
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Hard to call somebody the top OT when he didn't cut round one and 2 are already gone

We do have the 6th best CB available, the top OG, and a RB or two with loads of talent. I need to read up more on Tim Williams
    I'm going by Mayock's ratings. You're right, though.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

I need to read up more on Tim Williams
    I probably shouldn't have mentioned Tim Williams. The chances TT drafts him are slim to none.

He's probably the best pass rusher/disruptive force in the draft according to a consensus of scouts. However, he's had a few failed drug tests in his past. Plus, "scouts say he has a difficult time adjusting to complicated defensive schemes." Definitely not a fit for Capers' defense IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Maxie, you're on it right here.

Funny to me how people panic and become so dismissive so quickly. The buzz on this draft was that it was deep, deep, deep, in corners and RB's, right up through the third or even fourth round. So it makes sense to move back and get another pick - and maybe move back again a few spots if you've still got four or five guys on the board you've got equally rated. But now everybody's puking that Ted didn't take Watt...or Foster. OR somebody, anybody!

R - E - L - A - X.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    RANDOM THOGHTS

KUDOS TO CLEVELAND- They are a few years away from winning Don't reach for a QB; build up your team this year. Sounds like next yr the QB class will be very strong. Get one then

KUDOS to JJ WATT - Dude was undoubtedly a First Round Talent. Going to Pittsburg in a defense that fits him perfectly will allow him to grow and give him just as good a chance to win the Super Bowl as he'd have had if TTT would have picked him.

KUDOS to San Fran- The Foster Pick.....your GM had stones. Got elite talent at end of round one. A good gamble at that spot

KUDOS TO RYAN RAMCZYK--Dude deserved to be a first round draft pick- Great Badger

RANDOM THOGHTS

KUDOS TO CLEVELAND- They are a few years away from winning Don't reach for a QB; build up your team this year. Sounds like next yr the QB class will be very strong. Get one then
    I don't know. It's like they are afraid to make a mistake on a QB. They should have just drafted Wentz last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't know. It's like they are afraid to make a mistake on a QB. They should have just drafted Wentz last year.
    You think Wentz figures it out?