Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Maybe use the extra 4th to move back up to the upper part of the second and get 2 guys rated near the same.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    obviously Thompson is going Corner, OL, or RB

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    TT wanted White or McKinley. When they went, he traded.
    Very wise observation

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    What the fuck is a "Froster"?
    Its an Australian Lager.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He wasn't doing it to spoil it for you. We have posted them as soon as we heard for the last several years.

We used to share tips on who had the earliest information. That is the way the first round has been for a few years now.
    But you know that it ruins the surprise for most of the people that are watching the draft live. That may not be why you have done it, but you are ok with that. And sorry that's sort of lame. Just warn me now, should I block you til sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its an Australian Lager.
    Well now he is playing for the 49ers

Blog Entries
    GB should trade down again; they just let some Great Packers slip away
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well I got 27 out of 33 draftees in the first round and got 3 selections correct. Incredibly unpredictable the way this first round played out

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Yup; I think we let the last elite Edge Rusher go off the board as well as a top ten talent at ILB who can play all three downs.
    Foster will be interesting to watch for sure. Comparison to Wayne Simmons seems apt! Is this guy going to be a character concern? He's been a bystander for a lot of shit.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I agree. Top players do not suit us. Malik McDowell is a very Packers pick though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    TT wanted White or McKinley. When they went, he traded.
    might be; I do think he wanted McKinley......

I liked White way more than King who we might be stuck with now due to TT's guys from two years ago underperforming
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Packers must have really been turned off by the combine fiasco. Foster was a top 10 talent at a position of need.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Foster will be interesting to watch for sure. Comparison to Wayne Simmons seems apt! Is this guy going to be a character concern? He's been a bystander for a lot of shit.
    I think he IS a character risk for sure; he's a top 10 or so talent. But a bad guy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Packers must have really been turned off by the combine fiasco. Foster was a top 10 talent at a position of need.
    OR

Wist is right and Ted Thompson just does not value Inside Linebackers

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    But you know that it ruins the surprise for most of the people that are watching the draft live. That may not be why you have done it, but you are ok with that. And sorry that's sort of lame. Just warn me now, should I block you til sunday?
    Probably not. I am on the road and will be intermittently on here.

Honestly, this is the first time people have complained that I recall and I pay attention. Most of our experience was that people are tired of waiting between the time expiring on the clock and Roger to head out to announce it. There can be 10-15 minute delays.

It also helps Joe and formerly Lurker64 to post the player summaries in orderly fashion.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

TT has never drafted a character risk in the 1st round.

Ok he freaked out on a hospital worker, and had tainted piss. I wouldn't call him a bad guy. A dude that cold cocks a woman is a bad guy. I think it has more to do with Thompson not being interested in a capable middle linebacker. I think AJ Hawk sort of burned him, AJ was a weakside backer in a 4-3 but I think taking him 5th over all and never producing like a first round pick has spoiled TT on first round Linebackers that are not pass rushers

Am I wrong that Jon Gruden is making things up about Andy Reid and Favre?

Reid became QB coach in 1997, after 3 MVP seasons from Favre. He was an assistant line coach and then the TE coach during those years. He is screwing over the memory of Steve Mariucci!

Gruden also never coached Favre, leaving for Philly in 1995.

I think he has gritted his teeth once too many times.

Favre pays a lot tribute to Andy Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Favre pays a lot tribute to Andy Reid.
    Yeah, but it was all post NFL success. Unless there was coaching I was unaware of outside of normal practice and meetings.