Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    Why do I have this feeling that we're taking Mixon in the 2nd round? I've heard rumbling TT is interested and taking him in the first would not be advisable. In a normal, non punchout world, he's being taken with Fournette and McCaffrey at the top of the draft. It would surprise me but it could be a home run in the second round.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The Packers could take Cook and not have to worry about the Mixon nonsense.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Top rated OT, top rated OG, Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara and Tim Williams available, plus McDowell. TT might not get a lot of sleep tonight trying to engineer another pick or two in the second round.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yeah, but it was all post NFL success. Unless there was coaching I was unaware of outside of normal practice and meetings.
    Favre said that Andy ran a lot of interference for Favre when dealing with Holmgren

Blog Entries
    RANDOM THOGHTS

KUDOS TO CLEVELAND- They are a few years away from winning Don't reach for a QB; build up your team this year. Sounds like next yr the QB class will be very strong. Get one then

KUDOS to JJ WATT - Dude was undoubtedly a First Round Talent. Going to Pittsburg in a defense that fits him perfectly will allow him to grow and give him just as good a chance to win the Super Bowl as he'd have had if TTT would have picked him.

KUDOS to San Fran- The Foster Pick.....your GM had stones. Got elite talent at end of round one. A good gamble at that spot

KUDOS TO RYAN RAMCZYK--Dude deserved to be a first round draft pick- Great Badger
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The Packers could take Cook and not have to worry about the Mixon nonsense.
    Cook has even more non-sense in his background. He has like five police called incidents since he was a junior in HS.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ok he freaked out on a hospital worker, and had tainted piss. I wouldn't call him a bad guy. A dude that cold cocks a woman is a bad guy. I think it has more to do with Thompson not being interested in a capable middle linebacker. I think AJ Hawk sort of burned him, AJ was a weakside backer in a 4-3 but I think taking him 5th over all and never producing like a first round pick has spoiled TT on first round Linebackers that are not pass rushers
    You don't know what a cold-cock is if you watched the video. It was a brick throw. Calling it a cold-cock is like saying he's innocent on account of how fucking retarded she was.

Be careful of praising Steelers and Watt:

Almost all their best OLBs were later round picks (Green was trade or FA). Since they have been looking for pass rush early in the draft, they have struck out.

Despite several first round EDGE draftees, their best guy is still James Harrison.

They draft that position like the Cowboys draft. Biggest name from bigger programs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In TT presser he said they are taking calls on the 1st 2nd rounder, I think we trade down again - fu ck the wait sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    GB should trade down again; they just let some Great Packers slip away
    yup. who knows how much "meat" they can accumulate for the roster. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmbarnes101 View Post
    Why do I have this feeling that we're taking Mixon in the 2nd round? I've heard rumbling TT is interested and taking him in the first would not be advisable. In a normal, non punchout world, he's being taken with Fournette and McCaffrey at the top of the draft. It would surprise me but it could be a home run in the second round.
    Its possible. But I have a hard time imagining that Ted sees that position as high a priority as EDGE and CB.

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    In TT presser he said they are taking calls on the 1st 2nd rounder, I think we trade down again - fu ck the wait sucks
    Did he really?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Top rated OT, top rated OG, Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara and Tim Williams available, plus McDowell. TT might not get a lot of sleep tonight trying to engineer another pick or two in the second round.
    Hard to call somebody the top OT when he didn't cut round one and 2 are already gone

We do have the 6th best CB available, the top OG, and a RB or two with loads of talent. I need to read up more on Tim Williams
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Favre said that Andy ran a lot of interference for Favre when dealing with Holmgren
    OK. Thought that was Mooch, but maybe Andy helped out.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Some people like Vince Biegel's chances as an rush LB as much as Watt. I read where some scouts like Biegel more. There are other names for edge guys and corners.

If they like King as it is rumored, then that helps the secondary. You draft someone like Biegel who takes a back seat in press clippings to Watt, but may have his own success, and as for RB, there are many more good prospects, including Cook. It would also not surprise me if he picked Joe Mixon with his first pick, assuming he's comfortable doing so.

http://lombardiave.com/2017/02/04/20...ge-film-grade/
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Hard to call somebody the top OT when he didn't cut round one and 2 are already gone

We do have the 6th best CB available, the top OG, and a RB or two with loads of talent. I need to read up more on Tim Williams
    I'm going by Mayock's ratings. You're right, though.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its possible. But I have a hard time imagining that Ted sees that position as high a priority as EDGE and CB.
    We're left with the 6th best CB and second tier on edge rushers.
    This screams trade down unless we go RB

And if we like Mixon he might be there a while

Having the first pick in the 2nd round is actually pretty prime position for a trade. Some team will talk themselves into a player and make Green Bay an offer. I wouldn't trade back more than, say, 6-8 spots though.

Blog Entries
    NFL NETWORK reporting GB is fielding a lot of calls right now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Some people like Vince Biegel's chances as an rush LB as much as Watt. I read where some scouts like Biegel more. There are other names for edge guys and corners.

If they like King as it is rumored, then that helps the secondary. You draft someone like Biegel who takes a back seat in press clippings to Watt, but may have his own success, and as for RB, there are many more good prospects, including Cook. It would also not surprise me if he picked Joe Mixon with his first pick, assuming he's comfortable doing so.

http://lombardiave.com/2017/02/04/20...ge-film-grade/

Biegel has talent....ok in round three....but the scouts who like him more than Watt should be fired. I do like him though