Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

There are sometimes players drafted in round 3 who perform better than their round 1 counterparts.

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Some people like Vince Biegel's chances as an rush LB as much as Watt. I read where some scouts like Biegel more. There are other names for edge guys and corners.

If they like King as it is rumored, then that helps the secondary. You draft someone like Biegel who takes a back seat in press clippings to Watt, but may have his own success, and as for RB, there are many more good prospects, including Cook. It would also not surprise me if he picked Joe Mixon with his first pick, assuming he's comfortable doing so.

http://lombardiave.com/2017/02/04/20...ge-film-grade/
    I'm not sold on King but I'd certainly be ok with Biegel with that second 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cook has even more non-sense in his background. He has like five police called incidents since he was a junior in HS.

1. Robbery at age 14
    2. Firing and possessing weapon on school property at 15
    3. At FSU, criminal mischief with BB gun shooting out windows
    4. Mistreatment of puppies same year as #4
    5. Named associate in assault case between two other men that occurred at his apartment (same summer as #4)
    6. Summer of sophomore year accused of punching a woman, charged and found not guilty

MMQB has a good run down plus information that a "runner" for an agent that Cook did not choose was bad mouthing him and spreading rumors about him not showing up for NFL workouts on time.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/25/n...te-miami-dade#
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    RANDOM THOGHTS

KUDOS TO CLEVELAND- They are a few years away from winning Don't reach for a QB; build up your team this year. Sounds like next yr the QB class will be very strong. Get one then
    I don't know. It's like they are afraid to make a mistake on a QB. They should have just drafted Wentz last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    There are sometimes players drafted in round 3 who perform better than their round 1 counterparts.
    Very True
    we could just refer to Justine Harrell and Derrick Sherrod
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't know. It's like they are afraid to make a mistake on a QB. They should have just drafted Wentz last year.
    You think Wentz figures it out?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Very True
    we could just refer to Justine Harrell and Derrick Sherrod
    I will never forgive Tamba Hali.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Absolutely right there. I like Wentz long term
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I will never forgive Tamba Hali.
    If TJ Watt turns out special I'll never forgive the Turtle

Ian Rapoport just reported on NFL Network that GB is fielding calls for their 1st pick in the 2nd Round from teams wanting a QB.

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    Having the first pick on days 2 and 3 is a highly sought affer commodity. I just wish we had a gm that had the testicular fortitude to capitalize on that and I'm hoping TT proves me wrong in that we don't have one.

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 39m39 minutes ago
    Asked if he’d consider trading back again, Ted Thompson replied, “Oh yeah. We’re taking calls.”

PFTCommenter‏ @PFTCommenter 2h2 hours ago
    nice 2 see OJ followed by a white bronco 4 a change

Packers traded #29 pick for #33 and #108. In Jordy trade, they also got a fourth, for moving six spots.
    According to the Jimmy Johnson chart, its 640 points (29th pick) for 580 (33rd) and 78. Win by 18 points.

Rich Campbell‏ @Rich_Campbell 30m30 minutes ago
    Pace on why he felt a trade up was necessary: "Just in my talks. We have a lot of feelers out there. I didn't want to sit on our hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Ian Rapoport just reported on NFL Network that GB is fielding calls for their 1st pick in the 2nd Round from teams wanting a QB.
    QB's make people stupid. He might be able to clear a mint.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    QB's make people stupid. He might be able to clear a mint.
    Like SF did to DA Bears. Hey, where is DaBears anyway? Been awhile.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    Ironically the two teams that gave up those top two picks still don't have a QB, SF and Cle. Here's to hoping TT can pull out an additional 1st rounder next year as opposed to a 6th rounder and a box of crackerjacks.

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 4m4 minutes ago
    In 2008 Thompson was set to take Jordy Nelson at No. 30. Ted got #NYJ offer, moved back to No. 36 and #Packers still got their guy. Not bad.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 7m7 minutes ago
    In 2013 second round, Thompson traded back from No. 55 with a host of RBs to choose from. Eddie Lacy at No. 61 turned out to be a good pick.

Abe Jaroszewski‏ @AbeJaroszewski
    Replying to @jasonjwilde
    except they wanted Le'Veon

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 4m4 minutes ago
    Jason Wilde Retweeted Abe Jaroszewski
    And he was gone, at No. 48 to #Steelers. Remember a lot of people up in arms that Thompson moved back and "missed out" on Montee Ball.

Could be the Jets who have the 39th pick.

I ain't a conference-ist or nothing but I am so sick of players from the PAC-10. Big heck no to Kevin King.

You think Wentz figures it out?
    Dude had a good rookie year for somebody with almost no weapons. An oft-injured Ryan Matthews at RB with Nelson Agholor starting at WR and their best OL suspended for most of the year. Not to mention he missed most of the preseason and then was named the starter a few days before the season began. I don't see any reason he won't be a good QB.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

GB should have the 1st pick in the 2nd of the 2017 NFL Draft , provided TT does not trade the Packers further down the river . The player that GB picks will know that he could have been due 1st round money , but TT traded down to save money. That player will most likely act pleased to be picked and honored to be a GB Packer, but he will always know that he got screwed by TT. He'll play out the minimum time required by his contract and then he'll leave GB faster than a cat with his ass on fire. A process that regularly repeats itself .

GB signs a player for as little as it can get away with , expects efforts above and beyond the call of duty, then looses the fully trained player to free agency because they know they can screw another player cheaper than keeping the veteran. In the mean time the few high priced players keep the team in the playoff to satisfy the public. The failures are blamed upon injuries or the weather or bad luck or the coaches or the refugees or anything but TT.

This process will continue until GB gets a GM that values quality over quantity. A GM that values people over money. A GM that cares about winning Championships over maintaining the Status Que .

Perhaps this GM will go away some day and let us hope they get a winner and not another Bean Counter .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !