Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I guess they were trying to prevent anyone else moving up to take Trubinsky, I am not sure why but fuck I ain't no GM

Chargers pick next

Another receiver. I didn't see that coming, maybe it was a good idea for Tennessee to take Cory Davis. You never know how the draft plays out

Panthers are on the clock

Christian McCaffrey - RB - Stanford

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Smooth, controlled stride length with choppy feet for instant cuts and change of direction. Plus vision with above average anticipatory feel for opening creases. Hugs contours of the running lane and staggers and stutters his feet to maneuver in tight quarters. Protect football while running through traffic. Reads keys quickly on stretch plays. Sinks hips into sharp cuts. Equally adept darting inside or outside and is able to string moves together. Won't dance on short runs -- gets it downhill. Feet constantly in motion. Able to make defenders miss on all three levels. Willing to keep runs playside and alters his track seamlessly. Runs with multiple gears and is able to gear up or down instantly. Has experience in one-back, two-back and offset formations. Excellent hands out of backfield and can be used from slot. Devastating quickness out of breaks can mismatch linebackers. Experienced, capable punt and kick returner.

WEAKNESSES Lacks desired size of an every-down back. Has some tread worn off his tires. Logged 300-plus touches (including returns) in each of the last two seasons and was asked to grind the gears for short yardage carries. Benefitted from physical, downhill offensive line. Takes foot off gas into contact. Doesn't have NFL-caliber power to break tackles and create yardage for himself through power. Can shake tacklers, but lacks a twitchy burst to accelerate away after the cut. On stretch plays, can get too cute continuing to probe towards the perimeter rather than choosing a crease and committing. Average burst may not be enough to race past NFL speed on second level. Inconsistent squaring up blitzers in pass pro and ducks his head into contact.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "I'll be his draft grades are going to be all over the place because some teams will see him as a complementary back and others will see him as a multi-touch guy. Teams who run a lot of three and four wide looks will like him because he can run those inside zone plays out of the gun and they can also motion him out of the backfield and just try and mismatch him." - AFC Pro Personnel Director

NFL COMPARISON Tiki Barber

BOTTOM LINE Multidimensional runner with flex appeal for teams looking for a player who can carry the ball 20 times or catch it 10 depending on the game plan. McCaffrey's size, power and speed are just average, but he is able to create yardage for himself with his vision and elusiveness. McCaffrey's ability to return punts and kicks could be the value sweetner that pushes his name into the first round.

I saw McCaffrey as 3rd rounder
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Racist

6 offensive players taken in the top 9 in what was considered a defensive strong draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    6 offensive players taken in the top 9 in what was considered a defensive strong draft.
    same thing i was thinking

Scarcity driving action.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

You see Santa Claus as a serial burglar.

I should make this my new signature

Holy moly

Mike Williams - WR - Clemson

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Prototypical height, weight, speed prospect. Fills out the uniform as well as any receiver in college football. Sells vertical push to create an early hip turn from backpedaling cornerbacks. Uses hands to create late separation on vertical throws. Long arms and big hands can go get throws at their highest point, snatching 50/50 balls away from his in-air competitors. Ball tracking is impeccable. Able to track it inside, outside or over his shoulder. Hands catcher who plucks it away from his body. Has body control to dig out the low balls and contort to grab throws Deshaun Watson leaves behind him. Concentration ramps up when routes take him between the hashes. Works middle of the field with no reservations about what is lingering. Has been asked to work all three levels of the field at Clemson. Can make cornerbacks miss after the catch and extend his play. Needs more commitment as a run blocker but has frame and strength to make a difference as a blocker.

WEAKNESSES Natural pass catcher who will occasionally run into focus drops. Drops issue found him over second half of the season. Route work lacks focus and energy. Creates very little indecision from cornerbacks with his head fakes and jab steps. Ability to win with physical traits could dry up on next level. Could use better understanding of route leverage to open wider passing lanes for quarterbacks. Plant-and-go at the stem lacks crispness as does acceleration from his cuts. Average release quickness. Gets hung up by press corners with a good lead jab. Needs to play to his size. Gets muscled against sideline too often. Fumbled twice this season. Neck injury forced him to miss entire 2015 season so until he clears combine medicals, teams may have a red flag on him.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "Really pretty looking when you watch him down on the field but he's not there yet. I think he'll get there but he's not there yet. I don't think he's going to run as fast as people think. When college players get up here and find out that cornerbacks are faster and more physical, there is an adjustment period. I think it will take him some time to figure things out but I think he'll do it. He's going to be good, I just don't know if he's going to be a star." -- NFC Pro Personnel Director

NFL COMPARISON Plaxico Burress

BOTTOM LINE Williams looks the part of a WR1 and has shown an ability to work all three levels of the field after coming back from his 2015 neck injury. Williams is tough enough to be a high-volume target while working the middle of the field and his size and ball skills make him a formidable foe in the end zone. He'll have to be coached up with his routes and releases, but he has the talent to become a big safety blanket for a young quarterback.
    -Lance Zierlein

What I see so far is all good for the Packers - a bunch of players taken who we wouldn't have had interest in anyway and some teams (Bears at the top of the list) hurting themselves.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Too early for those comments. Those guys were going to go before GB had a chance to pick anyways

Too early for those comments. Those guys were going to go before GB had a chance to pick anyways
    Not sure about Mike Williams, McGinn had him going 30.

Could be OK if mock drafters had other teams need for WR pegged correctly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not sure about Mike Williams, McGinn had him going 30.

Could be OK if mock drafters had other teams need for WR pegged correctly.
    i've seen him going top 10 for months

way to early for anything to have any impact on our pick

Damn red and his official panic NFL Draft Thread! Been wondering why no one else posting.

Mitchell Trubisky‏Verified account @Mtrubisky10 27 Dec 2011
    I love to kiss tittiess

Mitchell Trubisky‏Verified account @Mtrubisky10 11 Jan 2015
    Hell yeah, Go Packers

when was the last time a white RB went top 10?

the 60s?