Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 1st Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Another receiver. I didn't see that coming, maybe it was a good idea for Tennessee to take Cory Davis. You never know how the draft plays out

Panthers are on the clock

What I see so far is all good for the Packers - a bunch of players taken who we wouldn't have had interest in anyway and some teams (Bears at the top of the list) hurting themselves.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Too early for those comments. Those guys were going to go before GB had a chance to pick anyways

Damn red and his official panic NFL Draft Thread! Been wondering why no one else posting.

Mitchell Trubisky‏Verified account @Mtrubisky10 27 Dec 2011
    I love to kiss tittiess

Mitchell Trubisky‏Verified account @Mtrubisky10 11 Jan 2015
    Hell yeah, Go Packers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    browns wanted trubinski, now they're trying to trade their #12 pick for kirk cousins
    Expensive, but better than what they have now. You could live with him for a while and look for a great one in the draft.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Christian McCaffrey - RB - Stanford

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Smooth, controlled stride length with choppy feet for instant cuts and change of direction. Plus vision with above average anticipatory feel for opening creases. Hugs contours of the running lane and staggers and stutters his feet to maneuver in tight quarters. Protect football while running through traffic. Reads keys quickly on stretch plays. Sinks hips into sharp cuts. Equally adept darting inside or outside and is able to string moves together. Won't dance on short runs -- gets it downhill. Feet constantly in motion. Able to make defenders miss on all three levels. Willing to keep runs playside and alters his track seamlessly. Runs with multiple gears and is able to gear up or down instantly. Has experience in one-back, two-back and offset formations. Excellent hands out of backfield and can be used from slot. Devastating quickness out of breaks can mismatch linebackers. Experienced, capable punt and kick returner.

WEAKNESSES Lacks desired size of an every-down back. Has some tread worn off his tires. Logged 300-plus touches (including returns) in each of the last two seasons and was asked to grind the gears for short yardage carries. Benefitted from physical, downhill offensive line. Takes foot off gas into contact. Doesn't have NFL-caliber power to break tackles and create yardage for himself through power. Can shake tacklers, but lacks a twitchy burst to accelerate away after the cut. On stretch plays, can get too cute continuing to probe towards the perimeter rather than choosing a crease and committing. Average burst may not be enough to race past NFL speed on second level. Inconsistent squaring up blitzers in pass pro and ducks his head into contact.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "I'll be his draft grades are going to be all over the place because some teams will see him as a complementary back and others will see him as a multi-touch guy. Teams who run a lot of three and four wide looks will like him because he can run those inside zone plays out of the gun and they can also motion him out of the backfield and just try and mismatch him." - AFC Pro Personnel Director

NFL COMPARISON Tiki Barber

BOTTOM LINE Multidimensional runner with flex appeal for teams looking for a player who can carry the ball 20 times or catch it 10 depending on the game plan. McCaffrey's size, power and speed are just average, but he is able to create yardage for himself with his vision and elusiveness. McCaffrey's ability to return punts and kicks could be the value sweetner that pushes his name into the first round.

when was the last time a white RB went top 10?

the 60s?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Too early for those comments. Those guys were going to go before GB had a chance to pick anyways
    Not sure about Mike Williams, McGinn had him going 30.

Could be OK if mock drafters had other teams need for WR pegged correctly.

McCaffrey to the Panthers. Two RBs in the top 10
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Good pick for Panthers

Glad to see the Bears and Panthers make a mess of it
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not sure about Mike Williams, McGinn had him going 30.

Could be OK if mock drafters had other teams need for WR pegged correctly.
    i've seen him going top 10 for months

way to early for anything to have any impact on our pick

I saw McCaffrey as 3rd rounder
    wist

Easy for Ross too.

Chiefs left hanging perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I saw McCaffrey as 3rd rounder
    Racist

Peter Burns‏Verified account @PeterBurnsESPN 5m5 minutes ago
    Fournette, McCaffrey both didn't play in their non-CFB Playoff bowl games, didn't cost either of them in the NFL draft. Something to monitor

wow, lots of Wr's going

no CB's taken yet

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Peter Burns‏Verified account @PeterBurnsESPN 5m5 minutes ago
    Fournette, McCaffrey both didn't play in their non-CFB Playoff bowl games, didn't cost either of them in the NFL draft. Something to monitor
    great, smart moves by both IMO

so john ross will be running past house when we play them later on.