View Poll Results: Who Should TT Pick At #33?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dalvin Cook - RB - Florida St.

1 3.70%
  • Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St.

0 0%
  • Kevin King - CB - Washington

7 25.93%
  • Chidobe Awuzi - CB - Colorado

2 7.41%
  • Forrest Lamp - G - Western Kentucky

0 0%
  • Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

0 0%
  • Zach Cunningham - LB - Vanderbilt

2 7.41%
  • Tyus Bowser - OLB - Houston

1 3.70%
  • Quincy Wilson - CB - Florida

0 0%
  • Jordan Willis - DE/OLB - Kansas St.

1 3.70%
  • Other

1 3.70%
  • Trade Down For...

12 44.44%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who Should TT Draft At #33?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    ted was all about "meat" in his presser so that just leaves Malik McDowell.

there's no figuring ted. give up.
    McDowell would look good in Green and Gold.

One thing for sure, if TT screws this up, given the position he's in right now, he ought to retire ASAP. LOL
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Take Mixon if he is there.
    C.H.U.D.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Take Mixon if he is there.

the 33rd pick is the first pick of the second round. Where the fuck else would he be?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post

One thing for sure, if TT screws this up, given the position he's in right now, he ought to retire ASAP. LOL
    true...if that was a need. it would be a great signing.
    let's start a list of who was drafted between 29 and wherever our first pick ends up at...

29. Cleveland Browns: David Njoku, TE, Miami
    30. Pittsburgh Steelers: T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
    31. San Francisco 49ers: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
    32. New Orleans Saints: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

So...a QB anyone?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kers-at-no-33/

Normally, I'd say this is an obvious smokescreen to drum up a trade. But time and time again, don't we hear that the Packers under TT don't play that game? I'm still erring on the side of smokescreen though....

But it isn't unprecedented to grab a player at a position GB doesn't need (at all) because they anticipate his value to be significantly higher than anyone else (and even than the position he's being picked at). But I'm still having a really hard time buying that GB is considering a QB at 33 considering the other needs/available players.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    the 33rd pick is the first pick of the second round. Where the fuck else would he be?
    LOL
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

let's start a list of who was drafted between 29 and wherever our first pick ends up at...

Keep a separate list of all the players that are available with the first pick of the 4th round.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Cunningham or Cook.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I agree except for using a 2nd rounder on a HB....want defense with both picks.
    I can't argue against you. Think that's what I prefer too. But Mixon is a talent GB hasn't seen at RB in quite some time. He'd make tight windows for Aaron not as tight. Would help immensely. Still lots of DBs hanging around.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Ha ha.
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar

Well, I'm thinking he might be a need...if he can generate a push up the middle we don't have now. That would free up our ILB's and help out outside pass rushers. Which would give some relief to our CB's. A might big "if" there. LOL
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The Packers have enough talent on offense to win a Super Bowl. What they don't have is a pass defense, and their run defense ain't real spectacular either. So the Packers can go a head and draft a running back or an offensive lineman because those are also needs, but a 4th round corner isn't going to be any better than what the packers already have. The Packers could get a decent running back in the 3rd round and even the 4th round that could significantly contribute to the offense. It isn't the sexy pick going with a corner when you can take Cook or Mixon, but no corner left has the baggage of Mixon or Cook.

Please god no Malik McDowell. Please please please no. He would make Jerel Worthy look like a great pick in comparison.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Packers have enough talent on offense to win a Super Bowl. What they don't have is a pass defense, and their run defense ain't real spectacular either. So the Packers can go a head and draft a running back or an offensive lineman because those are also needs, but a 4th round corner isn't going to be any better than what the packers already have. The Packers could get a decent running back in the 3rd round and even the 4th round that could significantly contribute to the offense. It isn't the sexy pick going with a corner when you can take Cook or Mixon, but no corner left has the baggage of Mixon or Cook.
    All off season I've heard what a huge hole Lacy left. Geez will y'all get your shit straight please?

Sorry Deputy. Idk if you were one of them. And i agree with needing defense. I'm just saying, making things easier for Aaron is a good, not a bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Please god no Malik McDowell. Please please please no. He would make Jerel Worthy look like a great pick in comparison.
    Have the same hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post

If TT drafts McDowell, he will have screwed this up.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

This is prime trade position. If he's offered the chance to trade down 4 or 5 spots and pick up another 4th, he'll do it. I don't believe Mixon or Cooks will be drafted by the Packers. I can't see them even being on their board regardless of the fact that Mixon had a visit with us. I'd also be surprised if the pick was Lamp. Evans signing takes him out of consideration. Wouldn't be surprised to see King or Wilson taken first and a player like Riley or Biegel taken later in the draft.

Cunningham will not be chosen. We're not taking an ILB and he's too small to play edge.

if mixon goes tt should think about that other okla running back later. he's a big banger and that's something we don't have. the dude is the all-time okla rushing leader. now think about all the historic rushers they've had over the last 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Keep a separate list of all the players that are available with the first pick of the 4th round.
    nah. a list of rookie back-ups isn't interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    This is prime trade position. If he's offered the chance to trade down 4 or 5 spots and pick up another 4th, he'll do it. I don't believe Mixon or Cooks will be drafted by the Packers. I can't see them even being on their board regardless of the fact that Mixon had a visit with us. I'd also be surprised if the pick was Lamp. Evans signing takes him out of consideration. Wouldn't be surprised to see King or Wilson taken first and a player like Riley or Biegel taken later in the draft.

Cunningham will not be chosen. We're not taking an ILB and he's too small to play edge.
    Cook will be a bust - injuries, fumbles, and not good at blitz pickup. Mixon will get in trouble again (the parking attendant thing suggests he has too little control).

King or Awuzie.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!