Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 2nd Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Official 2017 2nd Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Does TT trade or stay and pick?

If he stays, offense or defense?

I think he picks and picks D. Which of course means he trades down and picks O.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I hope he trades down, but not too far. If he could somehow trade down and grab another third and not go too far down in the second to do it, that'd be great.

I don't know these guys you all speak of, for I don't follow the college kids and draft or scouting reports any more. But I do have two definite opinions based on more local guys: Malik McDowell is poison - I hope to god TT doesn't draft him. And, secondly, I think Michigan's Jordan Lewis is a superb cover corner. I don't know when he's projected to go, but if he could end up in GB I think they'd have a real player on their hands. He can cover people. Teams would throw at Peppers all the time - but not at Lewis.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Taking Mixon or Cook is a luxury Thompson doesn't have due to the holes he has on defense. The Packers needs a #1 corner in this draft and there are players that have the potential to be that guy at the next level. Thompson can't get out of this round without locking up one of those corners.

bet he trades down again.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Ted Thampon is certainly trying his hardest to get out of that 33rd pick. Even threatening to take Kizer. I am going to have smile on my face if he is forced to eat a dick on this one

i think TT pretty much told the rest of the NFL to make him an offer last night, literally

in my mind theres about a 95% chance that we trade down again

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think TT pretty much told the rest of the NFL to make him an offer last night, literally

in my mind theres about a 95% chance that we trade down again
    I get that feeling too. It's not a bad place to be if you are the Packers. If there is player on their big board that fits the number 33 pick, make it. If not and there are several remaining players of similar grade, trade back, but don't do it if you risk losing them all. You don't want to trade back so far that you miss out on the elite guys for simply more players who might turn out to be mediocre, but hey, we got a bunch of them!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I said it in the other thread: He trades back, then uses some of the extra picks to trade our own 2nd UP. He gets 2 guys in first 15 picks today.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I said it in the other thread: He trades back, then uses some of the extra picks to trade our own 2nd UP. He gets 2 guys in first 15 picks today.
    Sounds good to me.

He should trade up and snatch a first rounder.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 24m24 minutes ago
    Chargers, Jets and Buccaneers amongst the teams calling Packers, interesting in trading up for top pick in second round, per source.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Man I can't wait to get this party started. So ready for SOMETHING to happen!

I get the feeling this is TT's make or break draft. He need's to hit a couple, three solid selections in rounds 2 and 3. Clean up with at least one in 4 - 7, and maybe bank a couple of 3 - 4 rounders for next year.

Tick, tick, tick...

My wishlist:

#33 Zach Cunningham
    #61 Fabian Moreau
    #93 Nico Siragusa

From NFL.com:

Green Bay Packers
    Draft picks: None
    Day 1 grade: A
    The skinny: The Browns presented excellent value in a trade out of the first round, so the Packers took it. They received the top pick of the second round, along with the top pick of the fourth round. That's two premium picks -- and they should get great trade offers for the second-rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    He should trade up and snatch a first rounder.
    Go back to discussing The Wall with Tex.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    My wishlist:

#33 Zach Cunningham
    #61 Fabian Moreau
    #93 Nico Siragusa
    I didn't know much about Cunningham, so I googled him, and he supposedly only weighs 212 pounds and runs a 4.67 forty. Don't those things concern you? I tend to prefer Willis who is an inch taller, 40 pounds heavier, runs a 4.53 forty, and comes from a better college program.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I didn't know much about Cunningham, so I googled him, and he supposedly only weighs 212 pounds and runs a 4.67 forty. Don't those things concern you? I tend to prefer Willis who is an inch taller, 40 pounds heavier, runs a 4.53 forty, and comes from a better college program.
    Cunningham's 40 time is right, but his listed weight is 234. I'd be okay with Willis. I like Cunningham because he can play either inside or outside.

still no trade

where the fuck is the trade TT?

234 is okay for a speed ILB. I think we could get him at 36 or so, I would be stoked for a trade back and still getting Cunningham